Keeping Chickens When You Have Arthritis.

Pics
Methotrexate gives me a day of solid fatigue, Yesterday I napped for 6 hrs during day and still slept good last night. Today energy level back to normal ( never great )
Since being on prednisone and then methotrexate my appetite has been poor, initially lost 10 pounds from not eating much then that is it. I need to force myself to eat small healthy snacks during day. Fasting is bad for metabolism too. I just don’t get hungry but once a day. If I eat lunch than I don’t want dinner. If I skip lunch than I can eat a small dinner. I think the high inflammation levels have had an adverse effect on stomach. I just need to quit nibbling on carbs

Thanks for that information,@Kfults. Yeah, fatigue hit me about 4 pm yesterday. I was outside with DH helping to hang an antenna for our HAM radio. Out of the clear blue I wanted to lay down in the grass and go to sleep. Told DH I had to lie down, went in the house, collapsed on the sofa and went instantly to sleep. I've had fatigue from my rheumatic condition before but nothing like this.

Slept 8 hours last night and still feel like I'm dragging around. DH couldn't believe it when I told him at 8 AM I could go back to bed and sleep for 4 more hours.

@Tesumph, a dietitican once told me when my mother was ill and loosing weight that one of the best calorie foods you could eat for weight gain was pie. It has all the food groups in it plus everybody loves pie!;) She didn't want pie so I made instant breakfast or Insure milkshakes for her.

Gee, I wish I had that problem.....:hit

I understand that Micro bet I would be allot heavier if I didn't have ibs loosing all in me every morning I am not a large eater have like 2 pieces of toast for breakfast and if I have anything for lunch do not eat much for dinner.. when we (Brother) and I ate everything that didn't run never had weight on us

Thanks for that information,@Kfults. Yeah, fatigue hit me about 4 pm yesterday. I was outside with DH helping to hang an antenna for our HAM radio. Out of the clear blue I wanted to lay down in the grass and go to sleep. Told DH I had to lie down, went in the house, collapsed on the sofa and went instantly to sleep. I've had fatigue from my rheumatic condition before but nothing like this.

Slept 8 hours last night and still feel like I'm dragging around. DH couldn't believe it when I told him at 8 AM I could go back to bed and sleep for 4 more hours.

@Tesumph, a dietitican once told me when my mother was ill and loosing weight that one of the best calorie foods you could eat for weight gain was pie. It has all the food groups in it plus everybody loves pie!;) She didn't want pie so I made instant breakfast or Insure milkshakes for her.

Gee, I wish I had that problem.....:hit
Haha! Hubby calls those my “hibernation” spells.
The weight problem balances out when my fatigue is really bad. Its helpful when you can sleep 20 hours straight and not get pudgy; not so helpful when you start getting more active and you look like a starved waif. :sick

My favorite oldest daughter started having seizures at 4 yrs old. She was diagnosed with general, non specific Epilepsy. They controlled it with meds for a number of years, but new seizure activity would always come back and they'd change meds and we'd start all over again. She had a major accident driving when she seized and drove head on into a boulder. The steering wheel peeled her face from her upper lip, right up to her forehead. Luckily she went left vice right (over a precipice and down into a housing development). It's been a long struggle for her since she can't do any of the "normal" things young women do at her age. She can't drive, and that hurts in so many ways. She is now 38.

She worked at various jobs over the years. She has lived on her own and been self sufficient. But she couldn't afford cabs or bus to work and home every day so had to live close enough to walk to and from. She got hit by a massive, lifted pickup truck in an intersection, while crossing in a crosswalk with the walk light. She has had seizures and face planted on concrete sidewalks while walking her dog.

I have always tried to live near enough to her that I could help her when possible. Due to retirement and costs, I couldn't stay in CO where we both lived. I moved down here to TX and she stayed in CO as long as she could manage it.

She had several seizures at work, which freaked everyone out around her. They had to call ambulances, so she got nailed for exorbitant medical costs on top of everything else. It got to the point the depression and anxiety attacks made it impossible for her to work. She has now moved back to her childhood place in Maine and lives with her aunt. She has filed (and been denied) for SSI disability and is continuing to move in that direction. I fully expect her to be back with me (yet again) at some point in the not too distant future. I'm OK with that but have no realistic expectation to outlive her. Eventually she'll be on her own.

I truly wish you all the best in your search for normalcy! Do NOT give up! Please seek help if you need it.

It took 6 years and 2 appeals to get SSD. It took a lawyer to settle. They make you jump through hoops and run the same exams over and over again. Tell her to get an attorney and don't give up.

Back
Top Bottom