Keeping Chickens When You Have Arthritis.

Pics
Happy Friday everyone.

Got my new brooder finished this morning,moved out to the feed room and the chicks moved in. They love the roominess and immediately ran and flew all around before stopping to look around. They seem to be fascinated by the door and being able to look 'down' at stuff.

I'm so happy I decided to build this now and not wait. Tomorrow is dose two of my methotrexate. Bumping it up per instructions so I don't know how the reactions are going to go. Hoping for the best.

Happy Friday everyone.

Got my new brooder finished this morning,moved out to the feed room and the chicks moved in. They love the roominess and immediately ran and flew all around before stopping to look around. They seem to be fascinated by the door and being able to look 'down' at stuff.

I'm so happy I decided to build this now and not wait. Tomorrow is dose two of my methotrexate. Bumping it up per instructions so I don't know how the reactions are going to go. Hoping for the best.
:fl

I hope it goes well tomorrow!

Happy Friday everyone.

Good luck! My Rheumy will only bump up every 5 weeks. So far only fatigue and decrease in appetite. FYI if you have hair loss issues, Biotin supplement was recommended by Rheumy to prevent. I was loosing lots of hair with prednisone- stopped with the biotin.

I had my last steroid shot back in February and yeah, my hair
thinned out a lot. Just what I needed after the big shed that happened after the 'change'. Thanks for the tip about the Biotin. I'll look into getting some. What's one more supplement? Heh?

So far I've just experienced the fatigue. This is my last bump up until I see my rheumy next month. I've read that the side effects are accumulative. I can hardly wait.....

Thanks Ron, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So, this isn't really chicken rearing or arthritis. But, yesterday I was prepping an area in the yard to beautify. I might have been out about 2 hours.
Today I am run down and sore. My back is aching too. I don't feel like I did a lot and I used to spend all day out there. I'm so sad that I've gotten to this point. :hit
I did haul the sod to the chickens and ducks - so technically it is chicken related. :) Plus, I have arthritis (pretty sure just not diagnosed) in my thumbs which makes certain chores unmanageable- can anyone help me open a jar or a bottle please? :confused:
Ugh. I don't think of myself as old either.
My husband suggested we hire someone to do the landscaping, but I refuse. I guess I can just do it 2 hours at a time ... every other day. :cool:

The thread is so those of us in bad shape but use are chickens to get up and do something each day funny thing last couple years I was in program that had caregivers
here couple days a week as I am also legally blind .. They decided I was to functional so
they took me out of the program :gig:idunno

So, this isn't really chicken rearing or arthritis. But, yesterday I was prepping an area in the yard to beautify. I might have been out about 2 hours.
Today I am run down and sore. My back is aching too. I don't feel like I did a lot and I used to spend all day out there. I'm so sad that I've gotten to this point. :hit
I did haul the sod to the chickens and ducks - so technically it is chicken related. :) Plus, I have arthritis (pretty sure just not diagnosed) in my thumbs which makes certain chores unmanageable- can anyone help me open a jar or a bottle please? :confused:
Ugh. I don't think of myself as old either.
My husband suggested we hire someone to do the landscaping, but I refuse. I guess I can just do it 2 hours at a time ... every other day. :cool:

Fill in this blank: I wish I ____________________________.

For me it would be two things. I wish I had pressed the doctor sooner to send me to a rheumatologist and I wish I had learned to ask for help doing hard chores sooner.

Trust me. There is no crime in asking for help. No shame. I adore landscaping. But realistically I know I can't do the heavy stuff like I used to without paying for it with pain and stiffness afterwards.

Maybe you coul split the difference with the landscaping. Do the light weight stuff an save the heavier for somebody you can hire.

How am I Miss Penny? DH and I had a HAM radio club meeting today so we went into town and grabbed a burger at burgerking before heading to the meeting. The bill was 10.60. I handed the cashier 2 5$bills and deftly dug 60 cents out of my coin purse. I say deftly because usually my fingers feel like polish sausages but today they were nimble and didn't fumble around the litter of change I always have in my wallet. :celebrate

SO safe to say that after 4 shots of Methotrexate, I'm finally showing improvement!

Back
Top Bottom