Keeping Chickens When You Have Arthritis.

Pics
Same here. I usually face that problem with my nets when we have an ice storm. I go out and everything is hanging in tatters or sagging to the ground. Impossible to do anything with it until it thaws.

I am lucky in that DH will pitch in and help me when a disaster strikes and he just wheel barreled my big jugs of water up the hill to the coop for me so I didn't have to hump them up.

@Kfults sure home you feel better tomorrow. I know I usually pay for folly with my joints the next day.

Rheumy appointment this afternoon. Oh joy! Not.

Everybody have a GREAT pain free Thanksgiving.

Driving home from Rheumy after donating 7 tubes of blood and two shots.

Dr now suspects that my serum negative RA may be gout. Huh say what? Was my response. Mom had gout so I guess it's very possible especially since I have sudden onset joint pain.

Gonna put it all from my mind and enjoy the holiday.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving

Hi everyone, just found this thread and hope it's OK if I join? I admit I did not read all the posts. I will definitely try to do so as I am interested in hearing all of your tips and ideas!

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year, at which point I could barely shower on my own (and sometimes I couldn't). I already had existing Raynaud's disease, so cold is torture. Earlier this month I was diagnosed with Sjogrens as well.

We got chickens last month! I have been on Enbrel since Spring, and it has helped a lot. However, when my kids bring home a bug from school I have to stop my injections- which leads to a cycle of pain and side effects. This past week has been that week for me. The chicken tending has been a little rough. My kids (11, 9 and 3) help a lot and of course my husband does as well. But I enjoy taking care of chickens and really would love to keep doing as much as possible even during pain flares!

Sorry for the long rambling introduction. Happy Thanksgiving! :frow

Hi everyone, just found this thread and hope it's OK if I join? I admit I did not read all the posts. I will definitely try to do so as I am interested in hearing all of your tips and ideas!

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year, at which point I could barely shower on my own (and sometimes I couldn't). I already had existing Raynaud's disease, so cold is torture. Earlier this month I was diagnosed with Sjogrens as well.

We got chickens last month! I have been on Enbrel since Spring, and it has helped a lot. However, when my kids bring home a bug from school I have to stop my injections- which leads to a cycle of pain and side effects. This past week has been that week for me. The chicken tending has been a little rough. My kids (11, 9 and 3) help a lot and of course my husband does as well. But I enjoy taking care of chickens and really would love to keep doing as much as possible even during pain flares!

Sorry for the long rambling introduction. Happy Thanksgiving! :frow

anyone can chime in here but those of us with chronic pain tend to know how others feel and fight back

Back
Top Bottom