Keeping chicks in their box?

SilkiesInSuburb

Songster
7 Years
Mar 13, 2016
Northern California
Hello. I've recently had issues with my chicks flying to edge of their box, and today i came home to all of them out and poop all over my floor. This is the tallest box I have so I can't get a bigger one. Anyone know how to keep the chicks in the boxes?

4184FFC7-2DC2-4A0A-89FB-8911E4CA8E17.jpeg
39262F17-F827-44A9-9576-E13957BAEB04.jpeg
Hello. I've recently had issues with my chicks flying to edge of their box, and today i came home to all of them out and poop all over my floor. This is the tallest box I have so I can't get a bigger one. Anyone know how to keep the chicks in the boxes?

This Might help, been there done that, lost one of the chicks for hours.

I've just popped 2 window screens out - temporarily until the chicks are out in their coop - up in MN we won't have the windows open for 2 more months anyway...

I'm having the same problem. Someone suggested poultry netting. I checked of out and I didn't feel safe, but the screen idea is great.

They are in a small bathroom. I noticed poop on the edge of the toilet and thought one of the ducks had flying poop, well it turned out the one chick jumps from the edge of the box to the toilet. Did it right in front of me and just sat there watching me.

Back
Top Bottom