Keeping Compression Stockings Up... Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunny & the 5 egg layers, Nov 3, 2011.

1. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Due to a medical condition that I have I must wear compression stockings on my legs. They go up all the way to my thigh and unfortunatley I have one stocking that just keeps falling down. For those of you who aren't familiar with compression stockings, they are basically a really tight stocking that is suppose to help with blood flow. They are tight but like I said, one of the stockings tends to fall down a lot more as I am walking and such.

I was wondering if any of you folks had any ideas for keeping my stockings in place? Besides Duck Tape. Lol! [​IMG]

2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    If it's falling down, I think you need a new stocking. [​IMG] Otherwise, well, there are always good old-fashioned garter belts!

3. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    They make sock glue...

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Sounds like you need a new stocking.
    Also dont wash them in the washer, it makes them get "loose"..
    Hand wash and hang dry..

5. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Duck Tape ?

They clain it has 1001 uses.

Now they can claim 1002...

6. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Garter belt would be my recommendation, but then I'd also recommend getting new stockings. [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:X2 The one my husband wears was custom fitted and it never falls down. Don't know if yours is custom fitted or not, but it's a thought.

8. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    they come in pantyhose as well I wear those for work as I am on my feet for 14 hours. I never could keep the stockings up [​IMG]

9. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I decided to get the thigh height as I would have ended up paying an extra $40 for the panty hose kind. I did have to be fitted for them. I will have to go back to the place I got them from and get a new stocking.

Thanks all. [​IMG]

10. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    When I wear regular ole stockings I get the thigh-high ones with the elastic that holds them up. Those always stay on for me... Maybe before you are able to get back to the place and get a replacement, you might want to wear a pair of elastic regular thigh-highs over the top? They are pretty thin so I doubt it would be a comfort issue...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by