Keeping duckling water clean?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
So, I know how ducks are. I used to have several and I used to endlessly change out their water, pools, etc. Right now I've currently got 2 ducklings who are going through their water every 10 minutes. Is there any way to keep it clean? I change it out frequently but they put loads of food in it (I know they have to eat with water). Just wondering if anyone has some secret method 😅. Also happy holidays all!

Callender Girl

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2018
North Central Iowa
I wish I had an answer for this one and will be eagerly looking forward to others answering your post. I LOVE my runner ducks, but I am constantly exasperated by their never-ending mucking of any and all water containers, beginning when they are still tiny, cute and incredibly messy ducklings.

Happy holidays to you, too!

Katicorn

Chirping
Feb 9, 2021
This water struggle is real.😂 Ive had them one day and its constant. They just got the zoomies and knocked the waterer completely over. They won’t go onto a rack over a pie pan yet. I can barely get them to go into a tinfoil pan with the waterer inside. Its certainly not keeping it clean, but it keeps a flood from happening.

good news is that I finely diced up a small,sweet tomato and now I am The OG.👸

Last edited:

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
This water struggle is real.😂 Ive had them one day and its constant. They just got the zombies and knocked the waterer completely over. They won’t go onto a rack over a pie pan yet. I can barely get them to go into a tinfoil pan with the waterer inside. Its certainly not keeping it clean, but it keeps a flood from happening.

good news is that I finely diced up a small,sweet tomato and now I am The OG.👸
The ducks from this post are adults now and are at least....'somewhat' cleaner 😂. I still love them to pieces though.

Top Bottom