Keeping eggs from rolling around on the wire floor of your incubator.

Yup. I'm all for cheap and easy.
smile.png

Of course, hubby rigged up an "automatic" egg turner for our incubator. It's a wooden frame that holds the 18-egg carton, centered on a pvc pipe run through the sides of the cooler. The motor is me... I'm the one that slowly turns it from side to side...but at least I don't have to open the 'bator and rotate each egg by hand.

I have scrunchies, and a table saw, and I never even considered using the scrunchies! LOL!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Try slicing toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls into 1/2" rings as egg holders. Then you can adjust the angle any way you want.
wink.png

I guess while I'm collecting the pizza thingies I'll produce a proportionate number of tp rolls so I can try both.
lol.png

Quote:
I thought about that too. Even if it didn't work I'd have a good excuse to eat lots of take out pizza for weeks!

Wouldn't be as fun as eating all the pizza, of course, but you could probably buy those inserts pretty cheap at Gordon Foods or Sam's Club.

Someone on here made a cool egg holder out of fabric and sewed little ridges into in to keep each egg in place! Hey, maybe they should patent and market them!!

I just read a post suggesting using scrunchies to hold eggs in place. I think I've come up with a more masculine version.
cool.png
I took a piece of pvc pipe and sliced it at various angles to see which would work best. I doubt it will work any better than the scrunchies but I'll feel more comfortable talking to my burly work buddies about incubating eggs if I don't have to use the word scrunchies. Besides, not everyone has scrunchies laying around. (as opposed to pvc pipe and a table saw)
smile.png
I haven't tested and/or perfected yet. I just thought I'd throw it out there to see if someone else wanted to try.
Hilarious...

Back
Top Bottom