Keeping Fish

After all that culling, it was great to get my new tank set up. It's a tiny ten gallon with a blind turtle, some feeder minnows, and some fake plants as well as a couple of seashells.

Here's my turtle poking his head out of the sand. You can easily see that he is blind due to his sunken eyes. He technically belongs to our five year old, but I do most of the feeding and such.

Cute turtle:) There's only one betta on Craigslist, hopefully I can check him out and maybe even get him. But he's probably a regular royal blue veil tail - not that I have anything against them or anything but they're dominant traits; and I don't want all blue, veil tail offspring in the future

Cute turtle:) There's only one betta on Craigslist, hopefully I can check him out and maybe even get him. But he's probably a regular royal blue veil tail - not that I have anything against them or anything but they're dominant traits; and I don't want all blue, veil tail offspring in the future

Thank you Shelly. He looks a little strange in that photo actually, he is much nicer looking when out in the open. Veil tails are not very diverse I suppose. Would you possibly order online? I saw a few nice crowntails and some "koi" Bettas on a site. Would you like the link? I'm sure I can dig it up.

It's probably best to get some locally and not as pricey until you become familiar with keeping fish and your tank is cycled, if your fish are from Wal-Mart and it dies you can take it back, or replace it easier, when you are more familiar than I would look at other places, just my opinion.

It's probably best to get some locally and not as pricey until you become familiar with keeping fish and your tank is cycled, if your fish are from Wal-Mart and it dies you can take it back, or replace it easier, when you are more familiar than I would look at other places, just my opinion.

They sell Bettas at Walmart? I've only seen them at pet stores and such.

Thank you Shelly. He looks a little strange in that photo actually, he is much nicer looking when out in the open. Veil tails are not very diverse I suppose. Would you possibly order online? I saw a few nice crowntails and some "koi" Bettas on a site. Would you like the link? I'm sure I can dig it up.

Yes please!

Back
Top Bottom