Keeping Fish

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by LeafBlade12345, Oct 21, 2015.

1. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

After all that culling, it was great to get my new tank set up. It's a tiny ten gallon with a blind turtle, some feeder minnows, and some fake plants as well as a couple of seashells. [​IMG]

Here's my turtle poking his head out of the sand. You can easily see that he is blind due to his sunken eyes. He technically belongs to our five year old, but I do most of the feeding and such.

2. Shellybean02

Shellybean02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2015
    Cute turtle:) There's only one betta on Craigslist, hopefully I can check him out and maybe even get him. But he's probably a regular royal blue veil tail - not that I have anything against them or anything but they're dominant traits; and I don't want all blue, veil tail offspring in the future

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I personally wouldn't deal with people on craigs list. Get them at the store, it's safer.

4. LeafBlade12345

True. This is what I'd do, just another option.

5. LeafBlade12345

Thank you Shelly. He looks a little strange in that photo actually, he is much nicer looking when out in the open. Veil tails are not very diverse I suppose. Would you possibly order online? I saw a few nice crowntails and some "koi" Bettas on a site. Would you like the link? I'm sure I can dig it up.

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    It's probably best to get some locally and not as pricey until you become familiar with keeping fish and your tank is cycled, if your fish are from Wal-Mart and it dies you can take it back, or replace it easier, when you are more familiar than I would look at other places, just my opinion.

7. LeafBlade12345

They sell Bettas at Walmart? I've only seen them at pet stores and such.

8. Shellybean02

Shellybean02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2015
    Yes please!

9. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    some Wal-Marts sell fish, 2 out of three around here do.

10. LeafBlade12345

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by