Keeping Fish

Actually I'm talking about sharks that get about 2 ft long. I'm not sure the name. I'm not talking about barbs, though they are pretty
1f60b.png

Today I have purchased a pufferfish (whom I call Richard the Kisser) because he "kisses" all the other fish on their mouths!? Is this normal? He's such a silly guy :) a real charmer and ladies man
1f602.png
I also got a large tiger snail. She's quite fast for a snail
1f606.png

This guy? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Balantiocheilos_melanopterus.JPG

That's a bala shark. They get five feet long. Now if you're talking about this guy:

http://2.imimg.com/data2/TQ/DR/MY-3715576/shark-fish-250x250.jpg

Then I'm right there with you.

Regards,
Leaf

I don't know about sharks or mollies, but my dad has had tiny puffers before. They made good tankmates with young parrot fish, and their teeth showed that they could defend themselves when needed
tongue.png

My new Cleo is showing a bit of fin regrowth(definitely not fin rot), so I'm hoping I can soon get more females and hides to add her back. I'll try round two with uploading pictures from my phone... wish me luck
lol.png

I don't know about sharks or mollies, but my dad has had tiny puffers before. They made good tankmates with young parrot fish, and their teeth showed that they could defend themselves when needed:p
My new Cleo is showing a bit of fin regrowth(definitely not fin rot), so I'm hoping I can soon get more females and hides to add her back. I'll try round two with uploading pictures from my phone... wish me luck:lol:

Parrotfish are a saltwater species, and I believe axolotl is referring to the tiny, freshwater variety. Mollies are extremely docile, slow, and defenseless against nippers.

Regards,
Leaf

Puffer fish "kissing" is a sign of aggression. They should not be kept with other fish.

Regards,
Leaf

Ah Leaf, your so helpful, you always know exactly what I'm talking about. I removed the puffer and put him in a separate tank. I don't have any saltwater tanks because I have no place to get the water. I don't have any fish news at the moment but you were right my platy was male
1f60b.png

Ah Leaf, your so helpful, you always know exactly what I'm talking about. I removed the puffer and put him in a separate tank. I don't have any saltwater tanks because I have no place to get the water. I don't have any fish news at the moment but you were right my platy was male
1f60b.png

You're welcome, but I was just taking a jab at it as "kissing" is common in many aggressive fish species, such as kissing gouramis. Glad to know your platy's a male. You can house your puffer with others of his species, but don't overcrowd. Good luck!

Regards,
Leaf

Did you mean plakat? Pretty fish
smile.png

And make sure the puffer you get is actually a freshwater species. In stores, puffers like green spotted puffers are advertized as freshwater fish. They're actually brackish, and don't live long in freshwater(my dad must have trusted the pet store, and I don't blame him). I was talking about the freshwater parrot fish, the orange ones. My dad had an orange one and a green one, they were so cute together^-^

Did you mean plakat? Pretty fish:)
And make sure the puffer you get is actually a freshwater species. In stores, puffers like green spotted puffers are advertized as freshwater fish. They're actually brackish, and don't live long in freshwater(my dad must have trusted the pet store, and I don't blame him). I was talking about the freshwater parrot fish, the orange ones. My dad had an orange one and a green one, they were so cute together^-^

Ya.... About Richard the pufferfish, HES A GIRL! I found out the hard way, she had babies. Ugh idk how to raise fry!! :( plus, in the tank she was in in the pet store there were no other puffers, so her babies are mix breeds. (They said they ordered a puffer on accident so they only had 1)

Ya.... About Richard the pufferfish, HES A GIRL! I found out the hard way, she had babies. Ugh idk how to raise fry!! :( plus, in the tank she was in in the pet store there were no other puffers, so her babies are mix breeds. (They said they ordered a puffer on accident so they only had 1)

Puffers won't cross breed. She was probably already "pregnant" when she was shipped and arrived. Here's a couple of links on raising the fry:

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/articles/the-dwarf-puffer-a-pleasant-little-surprise.htm

https://www.aqua-fish.net/articles/...ish-puffer-fish-pictures-links-marine-puffers

Regards,
Leaf

Back
Top Bottom