Keeping Guinea fowl in brooder

Life is easier if you have a drop board below the roosts. Again, not sure of your set up or intentions, but if you have a smaller coop set up that requires them to hop off of roost rather than large space to fly off of, or you plan to be hands on with your birds, it's better to have roosts lower to ground to protect their legs and feet from hard landings. Mine are at 4' with drop boards roughly 18-24" below them. That way I can reach birds and easily scoop drop boards. As for cleaning roosts, I use a wide paint scraper daily but my roosts are removable so I can take them out and clean routinely with push broom and hose.

I have attached some photos of the coop period the birds are in the Bruder on the floor there, but in a couple weeks, they’re going to come out of that brother and go into the coop. We thought to put roosts on the ceiling about 6 feet up.

I could put them slightly lower, but I’m worried the birds would be in the way of draft from the windows in the summer.

The floor is going to be pine shavings because the coop is elevated and won’t hold sand, but there is a full Sandy attached run period what you see on the bottom or two pop doors. I am not opposed to doing drop boards, but I don’t want it to affect them going in and out of the pop doors and flying up to the roost period without the Bruder in the coop, they should have enough room to fly right up to the roosts.

Let me know if you guys see anything else out of the ordinary period everything is pretty much how it will be except the check purchase that you see, the latter like perch will be temporary until they get their bearings flying and the betting in the roost still need to be added in as well as the sweeter heaters

Attachments

• IMG_8811.jpeg
    IMG_8811.jpeg
    491.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8812.jpeg
    IMG_8812.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8813.jpeg
    IMG_8813.jpeg
    424.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8814.jpeg
    IMG_8814.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 6
I have attached some photos of the coop period the birds are in the Bruder on the floor there, but in a couple weeks, they’re going to come out of that brother and go into the coop. We thought to put roosts on the ceiling about 6 feet up.

I could put them slightly lower, but I’m worried the birds would be in the way of draft from the windows in the summer.

The floor is going to be pine shavings because the coop is elevated and won’t hold sand, but there is a full Sandy attached run period what you see on the bottom or two pop doors. I am not opposed to doing drop boards, but I don’t want it to affect them going in and out of the pop doors and flying up to the roost period without the Bruder in the coop, they should have enough room to fly right up to the roosts.

Let me know if you guys see anything else out of the ordinary period everything is pretty much how it will be except the check purchase that you see, the latter like perch will be temporary until they get their bearings flying and the betting in the roost still need to be added in as well as the sweeter heaters
Mine roosted on what would be the ceiling joists at 8' above the ground.. They had roosts at staggered heights that they used similar to stairs to get up to their roosts. They would fly down directly to the ground or if the main door was open, straight out into the run.

My Coop

Back
Top Bottom