Keeping guineas in fence...

I guarantee if you do this any chicken that gets off your property will never come home. Every coop you build with out a permit will be called in. Every camp fire will have the fire department called in. Etc... even if legal you better count the cost before you do it. I’d work hard on alternatives first.
I never blame the dog , it is the owner who is at fault. There is no such thing as a stupid dog, it's the stupid owner. If you have a problem with a mishavin dog. https://www.amazon.com/NVK-Recharge...1&keywords=shock+collar&qid=1624192006&sr=8-5
Enough said.

You dug up this old thread to respond to a person who has not been on BYC since Feb 1, 2015

I get the impression that you have the misguided opinion that your dogs have the right to run free. They do not. If you care about the welfare of your dogs, keep them home where they belong.

It is always easy to tell when someone new has moved to the country so their dogs have room to run. They soon post signs at the mailboxes about their missing dogs. They are the ones who were at fault, not the people protecting their livestock and poultry. To many of these people their livestock and poultry are also their pets. They have the right to protect them.

If your free roaming dogs are killed for harming other peoples animals or birds, it is you who are at fault, not them. You will be fined and you will be required to pay damages. You have only yourself to blame, it is not your neighbor's fault that your dog is dead. It is 100% your fault.

If you want to be a bad neighbor because you failed as a pet owner, well, we know what that makes you.
I didn’t dig it up. It showed up in the BYC thread. There are better ways to handle this 99% of the time.
But blast away my friend - blast away.

I didn’t dig it up. It showed up in the BYC thread. There are better ways to handle this 99% of the time.
I have noticed lately old threads in the line up as if new. Mb bc we're less active at this time of year so the thread fairy mixes it up a bit? 🤷‍♀️
I started to respond as well, bc not only were there pets involved, but the offending pet owner/neighbor was a relative to boot. Been there/still there. 🙄🤣
I don't *think* I could have ever injured the dog. But then,I'm known to prefer animals over humans in most cases.
Dogs aren't like raccoons; they can be taught. We adopted a "youngin' " earlier this yr that absolutely hated one of my guinea hens. Just the one. At the time, she wasn't much of a conversationalist either, so I kind of saw the pup's point of view.
But I taught the pup that the guinea wasn't going to kill me, no matter how much she wanted to, & couldn't be used as a chew toy.
I can't say I've taught the guinea much. I let her go ahead and use me as a chew toy, she found out her bite had no affect & pretty much gave up.
As for neighbors who are relatives-oi. In the beginning, mine hated anything on our side of the property line-including me. It takes a lot more time & effort to train an inlaw, let me tell you. Lol.
I think I would have suggested the op to 1st enlist the kids next door & then work my way up. In my case, I take new keets next door for "show & tell". I get the crabby scowl I expect every time.
But she sees them growing up, following me around, delights in their antics, & is probably the best monitorer I could ask for, bc she's always watching what they do and if any predators around.
It's not perfect; she still walks her dog to the edge of the property line to 💩 on our side. But I've seen her stop traffic when she was at the mailbox and the goons were crossing the road🙋‍♀.

And for the record I don’t have dogs and if I did they would be fenced. If I had a dog and they accidentally got out I sure would love my neighbor not being trigger happy.

It’s been odd to me, but BYCs is asking us to add to old threads instead of making new ones. That’s making for some odd threads…:confused: I just ignore their suggestions and make my new thread anyway!

I don’t get it but it’s resurrected several old threads from people who aren’t even active on BYCs anymore!
So ppl spend time responding to old threads & long gone members while potentially taking in outdated advice. That doesn't seem productive. Plus, when doing google searches lately I have come across a lot of thread content that has been removed ie pictures, video, etc.

So ppl spend time responding to old threads & long gone members while potentially taking in outdated advice. That doesn't seem productive. Plus, when doing google searches lately I have come across a lot of thread content that has been removed ie pictures, video, etc.
BYCs thread content that’s been removed? Maybe it’s to expensive to maintain all of that data on their servers?

BYCs thread content that’s been removed? Maybe it’s to expensive to maintain all of that data on their servers?
I can't remember if it said "personal property" or how it was phrased. I mean, surely ppl aren't paying trademark fees to protect pictures of candled eggs? Or mb they are..some ppl are peculiar in their ways...🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom