Keeping hawks out

full

😂😂😂

We have a lot of hawks here......so I did this from the get go, it was a good call:
full

I thought the tree coverage would be enough. And we free range them almost every day, and have never had this happen before. Clearly wrong!

I think it had something to do with the heavy heavy fog we had. I bet the hawks were having a hard enough time hunting and tried to shut up the chickens. Either way, I’m going to cover all the bases now.

I thought the tree coverage would be enough. And we free range them almost every day, and have never had this happen before. Clearly wrong!

I think it had something to do with the heavy heavy fog we had. I bet the hawks were having a hard enough time hunting and tried to shut up the chickens. Either way, I’m going to cover all the bases now.
It is migration time, so you may be seeing more of them.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1606516280983.png

It is migration time, so you may be seeing more of them.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2427606

Thank you for the screenshot... I will do that.

I live in central Washington State. We hear hawks here year round, but it very well could be migration season as well

I thought the tree coverage would be enough.

I had hoped so too, then after 2 years, I walked into the run to find a hawk pinning down a chicken, eating her alive. Entire thing is netted now. Since then we've had hawks swoop down within a foot or two and then veer off when they see the netting.

Back
Top Bottom