Keeping Kitty Off Counters, Etc.

we always just used spray bottles, with it turned up to the hard spray stream. Never had to mix anything. If they saw us with it, they would ZOOM of the counters!!! AAAANNNNDDD scatter everything near by... LOL!!!!!!!!

....And while shotguns, electric shock treatments and spray bottles are eminently satisfying for we the users, they do nothing for kitty. He/she only learns to avoid you, the psycho human with something in your hands.

Cats can learn, just like chickens. But like chickens, they have the attention span of a gnat. As soon as you smugly leave and things calm down, kitty is back on the counterrop.

Last edited:
Quote:
I can assure you after you use the shotgun kitty will not be jumping on any counters anywhere. lol I say this as I pet one of my kitties that will never quit getting on the counter as long as it lives.

Quote:
I can assure you after you use the shotgun kitty will not be jumping on any counters anywhere. lol I say this as I pet one of my kitties that will never quit getting on the counter as long as it lives.

The shotgun treatment is certainly gratifying - lots of noise, smoke and mess. A huge mess...
Seriously, you really feel like something has been accomplished using the 12GA method of cat control.

But again, any one cat only learns about loud, blasting noises - and only then for a split second. The next cat must be given the same treatment, to the detriment of both the cat and the counter tops. Before long, you're replacing your countertops, your insurance goes up, etc., etc., etc....

Meanwhile, cats go on like they always have - 3rd dimensional and aerial. I'll stick to the aluminum foil and cookie sheets for now.

Last edited:
Dave, I've got the same problem with my dog and the couch. I even tried a home made metal grid hooked up to a fence charger. Nothing...

Animals are smarter than us. I surrender.

Offer them an alternative location...
trolla.jpg

Drug them with Cat Mint and shove them off...
CmintedManx090708.jpg

Tried and true...
duckluckA.jpg

Spray bottle is the weapon of choice. Just oil the tools a little more frequently and keep covers in the outlets when not using them - water, water, everywhere, but not a cat in sight...

Back
Top Bottom