Keet with enlarged head?

I've been referring to it as "The Brain", it's an unfortunate name, but it may end up sticking. Haha
I name the ones I'm keeping and on occasion I get a mean rooster or bird and they get a few names. :D
I should name my Pekin Aflak.

lol, your bringing memories of when my kids were little. another cartoon. Pinky and the brain. hahaa Ya, I have called my roosters a lot of things and none of them are nice. My favorite is a swedish flower . he lost ALL his toes over the winter and is trying very hard to mate the hens with some very funny sideway slides. even the hens peck him when he falls off.

frow.gif
Wondered how the keet was doing. Is it growing into its head ?

Unfortunately it passed this morning, actually.:/
It was doing pretty good too, but I guess I wasn't expecting it to make it as long as it did, honestly.

oh wow, sorry to hear that. I normally forget posts after a day or so. I have dementia but this little one was on my mind this morning for some reason. Very sad to hear it has passed. I hope your experience will be able to help others.
hugs.gif

oh wow, sorry to hear that. I normally forget posts after a day or so. I have dementia but this little one was on my mind this morning for some reason.  Very sad to hear it has passed. I hope your experience will be able to help others. :hugs

Thanks, I'm glad to have had him for the short time though. He was so sweet.
May The Brain rest in peace.

I have to agree. I've had bulging eyes, but not hydrocephalus. And if casportpony hasn't seen it yet I am not sure you will find anyone who has. I am sorry I am not of much help. Did you hatch this keet from your own eggs?

I have a day old keet with a bulging eye. It looks as if there is no eye socket and the eye grew on the outside of the skull, rather than being recessed into it. How did your keet fare? Mine is a bit slow and sleepy. In fact he sleeps standing up half the time. He is eating and drinking but come to think of it I dont recall seeing any poop. Im following the advice in another thread. I do believe it is a deformity rather than infection but due to his sluggishness just don't know. I hate separating him but if it is infectious I do not want to expose other keets.

Back
Top Bottom