keets and chicks together?

Lmoreau70

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 6, 2012
Lake Nebagamon, WI
I have 6 keets that I got on Tues. and 14 chicks that I got Wed. and we have a utility trailer set up in the garage that is partitioned off and have the chicks in one side and the keets in the other. I did this because I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to make sure the keets got their turkey starter and the chicks their chick starter. Today I was going to clean out the brooder of the keets so I moved them into the chick brooder and those lil chicks were so mean to the keets. Chasing them around and peckin at them. The keets just huddled up in a corner and didn't move. I intended on having them all share the coop and am worried that the older they get the harder it is going to be for them to get used to each other. Has anyone had experience with this and if so what worked for you? Thanks in advance!
Becky

I have 4 chicks in the same brooder as 9 keets. They get along great. The chicks eat the turkey starter with the keets & have no problem with that.. Here is a pic showing how well they get along..

Phil

Back
Top Bottom