1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Keets how to tell if they are content?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Hentherapist, May 18, 2017.

1. Hentherapist

Hentherapist Just Hatched

Mar 1, 2017
    Sounds like a stupid question I know. I got my first keets this morning, and having raised chickens for years, well these are not chickens. They seem much more active, loud, and busy. They are 2 days old. I was just wondering how a content, not hungry, cold or hot keet acted. plus I have not seen them sleep yet. Any words of advice?

2. MartinsPoultry

MartinsPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

My keets were the same way. Up and hyper, and as adults they are still the same way.

Hentherapist likes this.
  3. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    When they sleep it will probably scare you to death. They will lay down and have their legs straight out in back of them.

I'm sure they will let you know if their not content. As long as they have plenty of space, food and water and warm temps they should be very happy.

GlennLee likes this.
  4. BoogieBug

BoogieBug Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2017
    Paulding County (NW) GA
    Like this!! :)

Attached Files:

5. GlennLee

GlennLee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2016
    Central New York
    Sounds like everything is fine... they are noisy and busy little things. If the temp is right, they'll keep moving in and out of the heat. If they scatter to the edges, they are too warm and are looking to escape the heat. If you are keeping a light on all the time, they probably won't sleep. Lighting seems to keep them up and active. Heat with no light or a low light heat lamp will encourage them to rest more. ENJOY!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by