Keets in the Mail

perchie.girl :

OK every picture I took sucked big time. With one exception

OMG!!! That video made me SoOoOoOoOoOoO HAPPY!!! Those are (were) my babies, and lookie at em now, all happy runnin' around and peepin'!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhhhh geeze I'm gettin' all teary... lmao. Thanks Deb!!!​

Quote:
Thanks Lois.
big_smile.png
The ones I got from you are bumping their heads on their brooder.
lau.gif
Hard to believe they are five weeks already, I am taking them up to the house this weekend. Finally got my water situation figured out. Broken booster pump on the 3000 gallon tank. Cant get water out of it and its the only source for water for the animals. So I am having a faucet put in that uses the house water. I should have one anyway for emergencies.

Deb yer slackin' woman, we need pics of the older bunch too!!!

LOL... their cage needs Serious cleaning before a photo op. I tried today but the light was all wrong my camera was picking up the wire only. I am going to clean the cage tomorrow. I will get pix too. They are too crowded as well. The coop they are going into is 6 x 12 They will be soo happy up there. ONce I get it reassembled it will be 12 x 16.

Quote:
LOL... I'm SO sorry about the size differences, that hatch totally did NOT cooperate for the shipping date, it was a freakin' staggered of a hatch as it could be, earlies and lates!... So the littlest guys were most likely the last to hatch (that morning)! They wil catch up eventually, but yah, a second brooder might be a good idea for a couple days... Cute little PITAs anyway!
he.gif

IF I remember correctly you did a super human effort to track down your uncooperative Guinea Hens. I think both you and Cracking up had problems with Guinea Hens deciding to nest in the poison oak. I am ok with the different ages.... Just have to tip toe or divide the brooder for a couple of days till everyone catches up.

Quote:
OMG!!! That video made me SoOoOoOoOoOoO HAPPY!!! Those are (were) my babies, and lookie at em now, all happy runnin' around and peepin'!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhhhh geeze I'm gettin' all teary... lmao. Thanks Deb!!!

lau.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
we are a couple of softies.....
clap.gif

perchie.girl :

IF I remember correctly you did a super human effort to track down your uncooperative Guinea Hens. I think both you and Cracking up had problems with Guinea Hens deciding to nest in the poison oak.

Yep, I tried like heck to get the exact keet colors you asked for to hatch. If the eggs weren't well hidden in the poison oak, then it was in those nasty mean thistle patches! Dang Hens anyway, movin their nests all the time, lol. Wasn't a perfect hatch, but it was a pretty decent turn out at least
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yep, I tried like heck to get the exact keet colors you asked for to hatch. If the eggs weren't well hidden in the poison oak, then it was in those nasty mean thistle patches! Dang Hens anyway, movin their nests all the time, lol. Wasn't a perfect hatch, but it was a pretty decent turn out at least
thumbsup.gif

LOL you did good. I told you I was an easy customer.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
They do Though they are more like the size of Bantam chicks. I think Quail are the size of marbles aren't they?

Yes I hatched some coturnix. 3 of them in the palm of my hand made up the size of about a bantam chick! Tiny.​

Quote:
Bwhahahah.... evil laughter.
gig.gif
Been up several times to tend them and either forgot the camera or forgot the memory card to go into the camera. This morning I went to tend the birds and peeked in the brooder before I made a noise. OH MY GAWD the Carnage.... They were in liitle piles all over the brooder there were about six sprawled out in the feed dish FOOD was every where.
barnie.gif
It was like a night after a big party where everyone has over indulged and crashed where they stood.

Then I saw the lone chick keeping watch. I said "HI PEEEP PEEP." and his neck stretched up up up Giving me the stink eye. That was when he made the peep and moved...... All the sudden they woke up and within about two seconds they were all Jack booting around like usual....
lau.gif
ya.gif
I changed their water and Everyone ringed around the water all Fuzz butts and beaks. Fuzz butts and beaks. Everyones crops were full too.

Then I added more food to their dish and went in to work on moms Computer. When I came out There was FOOD Everywhere.... and the wittlest ones were drinking and doing their own wittle jack booting and eating.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom