Keets in the Mail

perchie.girl

RIP 1953-2021
9 Years
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego county High Desert
Woo Hoo
woot.gif
I just received my first shipment of Keets ever. From PeepsCA, they arrived all perky and peeping and running about the little container. She packed them with watermelon slices zip tied to the side of the box. So they smelled of Watermelon. I peeked in the holes at the post office to see a couple nibbling on the pink stuff.

There is no room here where I live to set up a brooder so mom offered space in her garage. Last time a car was in that garage was 1967 lol...
lau.gif
I got them to moms house, and unpacked them. They are OH MY GAWD cute.
love.gif
Everyone had their drink and then once I added food began busily scattering food everywhere... There is one little teeny fella in there and hes right in front on top of the food, with his little teeny winglets
ya.gif
braced on his brothers while he ate.

I would have to say that watermelon was a total success. They had it eaten almost down to the white on both sides of the container. I think I will get them some more just for to make sure everyone is getting enough water. And of course some scrambled egg balls. I will get pix then.

Just a side note.... Watermelon Poops are red. and just as yummy as the watermelon. LOL.
wee.gif

I have ten five week old keets that are going up to my house this weekend so their cage will be the next house for the babies When they are big enough.

Yay!!!
ya.gif

I am SO relieved they all got there in one piece (and ALL of them alive, no casualties!)... This was my first time ever shipping keets, and it seems to have worked out perfectly!
celebrate.gif
I can't wait to see pics! I was in such a manic rush trying to get them to the post office so that they left there at the right time
fl.gif
that I didn't get a chance to take pics of them before they left
hit.gif
And as I mentioned in my email, I lost count as I was fillin' up the box, so I think there's 32 or 33 (whoopsie)
lol.png

LOL @ watermelon aroma and watermelon poops... I didn't even think about those aspects, I just wanted them to have moisture and something to do while in route
droolin.gif

Thanks again
hugs.gif
I know those babies went to an EXCELLENT home!!!
thumbsup.gif

I will get pix this afternoon, when I go back over to Moms. I am temporarily living with my 95 year old grandma so I try not to be gone and leave her alone too long. She gets around really well even is still driving but I want to be here if something comes up that she cant handle.

Once I get pix I have a buncha color identification questions....
caf.gif

WOW! Go Grannie! 95 and still drivin'
woot.gif

No prob on the ID questions... I hatched em, and hundreds more just like em
lol.png
so tellin' you what the colors in question are should be easy
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Yep Grandma was born in 1916, was a Rosie the Riveter, Fired three husbands, and Married my Grandpa when she was 35. (moms dad was husband number one) She still does her own taxes and Though she passed her drivers license test about two weeks ago she didn't pass the eye test. So she went to a new Optometrist and he adjusted her glasses and signed off so she can get her license renewed for at least two more years. Shes been driving since 1928 at the tender age of twelve when her dad didn't get the hang of driving a car. He would hollar "Woah" at stop signs but didnt get the hang of putting on the breaks.... Too many years of driving Mules.

Love my grandma.... shes a hoot. Shes slowing down a bit but thats about all.

perchie.girl :

Yep runnin around peeping and wearing their Cute Suits. Wittle fwuzzy Cute Suits.... can you tell I am smitten....
love.gif

Awww... lol smitten
love.gif
Maybe you should order another batch, hehe
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom