Keets question

Oreo

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
South Carolina
Anybody who may have seen my posts before knows I have three adult guineas I bought about three weeks ago. They are penned up and are "imprinting." Three weeks down, five to go (!?).

My question has to do with the little keets my boss just bought. He bought 16 of them from about age 3 weeks to 6 weeks old. The person he got them from said at that age you only need to imprint them for a couple days or so and they will stick around their new home with no trouble after that. Any thoughts? They are intended to be free-rangers. He wants to let them out soon. We have chickens of all different ages and sizes where he lives, as well as three pigs, two donkeys, goats, and sheep. Should he let them out soon, any thoughts?

My first keets I let loose at 7 weeks and they didn't stay in the run and were too little. I came home to tons of feathers and no babies. I now have 6 week olders that will not go to the grow out pen until they are a lot older!!! They can fly at like 4 weeks. I would keep them penned in......

Back
Top Bottom