Kent/Sussex UK: two handsome bantam Poland cockerels

AuntieWeasel

Songster
Jun 23, 2019
Sussex
boys.jpg

I'm trying to find (free!) homes for these two boys on the South coast. They're 16 weeks old. The one on the right has just started crowing. I know the WC cuckoo on the left looks like a girl, but he's got wattles and sickle feathers and I'm pret-ty sure he's a boy.

The WC blue has been twice the size of the others since hatch (perhaps not a good thing in a bantam) and has matured much more rapidly than the other birds. They're from internet eggs, so I can't guarantee the lineage. They brooded in a cardboard box on my desk and have had lots of handling and TLC. They're shy and easily startled (no doubt because they have difficulty seeing and the pekins pick on them) but will come to my voice and are fine being picked up as long as they know it's coming.

I'm on the Kent/Sussex border and don't drive.

When I first posted about my six birds, at 8 weeks, experienced Poland owners told me they were all pullets. They had uniformly round, soft crests. Eight weeks later, and the one on the right has grown his cockerel crest and the one on the left is getting there. I'm still holding out an atom of hope, but the feathers around the tail are pretty persuasive.

A question, since you're a long-time member: I know the rules say not to offer the birds anywhere else. Is there a time-out for that? Like, if I don't get any responses, how long to I have to wait before trying somewhere else? Or do I delete the OP?

Back
Top Bottom