KENTUCKY DERBY DAY!

Thank you for everyone responding to my thread! I know how busy this board can be and I honestly thought my thread would soon disapear to page 3 or so and no one would know it was even there. Once again I was shut out in the Derby but I was pleased to see the race and even taped it! I was very happy to see Calvin Borel win, he won with Street Sense a few years ago, but was beaten in the Preakness by Curlin. He also won by 20 lengths in the Kentucky Oaks (which is the filly equivalant of the Derby-it is raced the day before). It was indeed a boost for the little people. Only in the Derby will you see a 50-1 longshot beat out horses that were boughten for over 3 million and just think this little guy beat out the shiek of Dubai's 2 entries. Even if Mine the Bird wins the Triple Crown he sadly won't enjoy the rewards as he is a gelding. I checked out his pedigree and it seemed very impressive, I wonder why the low bids at yearling auction. This kind of win and story is what the industry needs. He was probably named this because his sire was Birdstone who was the horse that shut out Smarty Jones in his bid to win the Belmont Stakes. Lets hope he will be in the Preakness.

Scares me too, he's so young...not even three yet. If he can pull off a triple crown, he'll be movie material, I'm guessing. Let's pray no one gets hurt in the coming races. Calvin Borel is awesome...very inspirational headiline today..."I rode him like he was a good horse" he said. Too bad they don't say more about the Kentucky Oaks, let alone televise it, b/c that filly deserved more publicity.

Back
Top Bottom