Kentucky people

Welcome aboard, Allieszoo! We are up on Furnace Mountain on the county line. We have 16 adult birds, mostly cubalayas. Two asil hens have cuba grade chicks right now. Plus we are raising 4 for a friend from Zachariah.

Where did you get your chicks?

Oh my goodness! You are RIGHT by me! Right now we have two barred rocks, one RIR and three Red Stars, we got some from a friend that keeps chickens and some from TSC but I just ordered some chicks from my pet chicken -- I had my heart set on an easter egger, a buff orpington and a sicilian buttercup and my husband had always wanted a white leghorn.

We have been looking at some property out on furnace mountain -- I think that's where it was...all I know is my husband was worried about the winter and getting up there in the snow.

I am new to the site. I live in Providence, Kentucky. I have 11 beautiful, but run of the mill from rural king, birds. I'm interested in getting into silkies, faverolles, Japanese bantam, Peking bantam, Phoenix, and frizzles. Sounds like a lot, but im kind of obsessed now...lol. So I guess im looking for a nearby breeder or hatchery, or even someone to just tell me what some interesting plain Jane brEedings would result.

I am new to the site. I live in Providence, Kentucky. I have 11 beautiful, but run of the mill from rural king, birds. I'm interested in getting into silkies, faverolles, Japanese bantam, Peking bantam, Phoenix, and frizzles. Sounds like a lot, but im kind of obsessed now...lol. So I guess im looking for a nearby breeder or hatchery, or even someone to just tell me what some interesting plain Jane brEedings would result.

Gardengirl, If or when your interested I breed English Orps and currently have chocolate bantam chicks and eggs.. Give me a shout
I am reading the list of your birds in your signature. I am drooling! Where did you get your stock. Crele, oh my heavens! I actually have chocolate bantam eggs coming tomorrow, we'll see what I get from those. The P.O. has been unkind lately. Just checked out your website. Fabulous! Where in NW KY are you? We're in Spencer County.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom