Kentucky people

Quote:
Colby are you gonna get a chance to stop by Sadieville in June? Cetawin is on board - we were thinking BBQ!!

I would love to come! What is the date again?

Sunday June 6.

FYI - anyone with silkie eggs? I've been contacted by a lady who wants some.

Well, I go to help hubby at the flea market... I decide to go look for Layne cause he wandered like he always does up there. Uh oh SIDETRACK!!! The folks that live in Eubank that sell poultry and such at Sano was there with more OE babies and 3 black frizzle babies. I had to get the frizzle for a friend that had hers stolen a couple years ago. Then those little OE stole my heart and they just lost one to a pred so I got 3 self blue and 1 that is some kind of a gold laced project... Might keep the gold laced project if it is a girly.

I give up... Now I think Boo has been so indecisive about whether she wants to be broody or not, that Union has taken it upon herself to go broody and teach Boo how to sit tight. Sheesh!!! And of course Union chooses the favorite nestbox to go broody in again, so now the girls will have to pick a new favorite box again. So as it stands out of three boxes, Union has her butt in the corner of one and Boo has her butt in the corner of another. Good thing I put that one bin on the floor and I also put the corner bin down yesterday. Guess I'll find 6 eggs to put under them(3 under each)... I know if Boo doesn't sit tight that Union will and I can just move the eggs under her.

Quote:
lau.gif
Union hatches one batch and thinks she's an old pro!
lau.gif
We always have eggs coming out our ears, you're welcome to some if you need
big_smile.png
I've got 5 or 6 BR eggs in there right now
smile.png

Thanks Shelley! I'm thinking of getting 6 Bcm eggs from Raven1(sp) so I (hopefully) will have Pullets from a couple of different bloodlines... her eggs are darker than the ones I hatched last. And if this one BCM chickie that's twice the size of the other, is a male I'll keep him... If not then guess I will buy a male from you. Even more new blood! I don't know, just a scheme going. Most to all of what hatches goes to the lake anyway.

On another note... Those little buggers are already trying to fly and they don't even have feathers yet! Oh yeah, gotta post a pic of my temporary brood...
photo-455.jpg

the brown faced project OE
photo4-3.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs. Turbo :

any one going to Leitchfield swap on Wed.......

I think my DW and her mother will be going. They are not planning on taking anything to sell just wanting to look around. Are you selling of just looking? If anyone else is going and wants Silkies I can probably con them into taking a few.​

Quote:
lau.gif
Union hatches one batch and thinks she's an old pro!
lau.gif
We always have eggs coming out our ears, you're welcome to some if you need
big_smile.png
I've got 5 or 6 BR eggs in there right now
smile.png

Come to think of it... BR roos would make great table food! Be ready by Winter. Hmmmm......
droolin.gif
tongue.png
gig.gif

Quote:
I think my DW and her mother will be going. They are not planning on taking anything to sell just wanting to look around. Are you selling of just looking? If anyone else is going and wants Silkies I can probably con them into taking a few.

We are going camping Memorial weekend so we are getting rid of a bunch of stuff......easier for a friend to take care of if we can combine some pens and thin out the young birds and chicks.....

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
I think my DW and her mother will be going. They are not planning on taking anything to sell just wanting to look around. Are you selling of just looking? If anyone else is going and wants Silkies I can probably con them into taking a few.

We are going camping Memorial weekend so we are getting rid of a bunch of stuff......easier for a friend to take care of if we can combine some pens and thin out the young birds and chicks.....​

I was looking at your website and you have some beautiful birds. I akos noticed you live where I grew up. I miss that neck of the woods.

The verdict is in Boo is going to stay broody... She just likes to take her morning breaks already... But in her defense this is her first time. I also learned I can sneak under her from behind as long as she stays turned the way she is(like that'll happen). Now like Shelley says, Union has done it once and thinks she's a pro at it now, so she is keeping Boo company. Sad thing is I only got 2 eggs today... I think the other girls are protesting losing their favorite nest again.
photo4-7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom