Kentucky people

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in 4 Russian Orloff Chicks, about 3 weeks. I'm not going to ask much for them, maybe $5 each. They should turn out Solid Red instead of Spangled. However they have foot problems(which is why I am not asking much for them). One doesn't seem to have a beard. But if anything they could make a great backyard addition. I live in Dry Ridge(right off of 75 smack dab between Lex/Cov). If you are close I can deliver, if not you can meet me here.

edit-if you want them soon, I'll be in Louisville Sunday for the Fair.

Last edited:
8-13-13 Lexington, Ky

It has been raining. All week.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in 4 Russian Orloff Chicks, about 3 weeks. I'm not going to ask much for them, maybe $5 each. They should turn out Solid Red instead of Spangled. However they have foot problems(which is why I am not asking much for them). One doesn't seem to have a beard. But if anything they could make a great backyard addition. I live in Dry Ridge(right off of 75 smack dab between Lex/Cov). If you are close I can deliver, if not you can meet me here.

edit-if you want them soon, I'll be in Louisville Sunday for the Fair.
What kind of foot problems?

Some crooked toes. Maybe incubator, maybe not I don't know. I'd really rather not get so involved with them to find out. As much as I would enjoy dumping time, effort and funds into several chicks(100 or so) next year. I just don't see that happening. I already have a breed I plan on hatching in large numbers. This was going to be a fun little, keep it going, project. Not a restoration process.

edit- oh ya, the Duckfoot. Should probably mention the Duckfoot(on all 4). Duckfoot is a DQ per APA(and ABA as well I assume). It is described as the back toe curling inward.

Last edited:
Aren't there any weekly poultry auctions or swaps in western KY? Southern Illinois has them in at least two different places I know of and I have read there is one in southeastern MO, but other than the trade days at Mayfield fair grounds (which is by no means a poultry auction or swap) I can't find anything here. Anyone know of any?
Chris

Hi, I'm from the Lexington area and am interested in the more fancy breeds of chickens, I also have Guineas, ducks and geese. I got started in April of this year and have around 50 chickens right now. My husband and I are very into these little guys they are such fun, and a very close friend of ours also does the chickens with us. Hoping to meet others with the same interests and always looking to buy/sell/trade. Also right now have a year and a half old Domonique Rooster looking to sell. Pictured below. Also have a few other bantam Cochin roosters for sell as well.

Last edited:
I have 6 hens past their prime that I would give away if someone would like them. I just can't eat them myself, or more accurate, my wife won't have it. 4 mixed our 2yrs 5 mnths and the two EEs are 5 yrs. the younger ones are still laying some but after 2 years non stop without even molting, they are tired of laying. I live in Lexington and would deliver a short distance.

Back
Top Bottom