Kentucky people

Jmcgee83, Welcome to BYC, I've been here for a couple of years and the advice is endless and all good. Live in L'ville myself ~~(just moved in from MA and live just outside of the Watterson by trackside)and just restarting my birds. Got mine from TSC in LaGrange and Preston Hwy. Checked with the city and they said on 1/4 acre or less 5 hens and 1 rooster. Have several neighbors with girls and all seem to have more. Where abouts in L'ville do you live.

Jmcgee83, Welcome to BYC,  I've been here for a couple of years and the advice is endless and all good.  Live in L'ville  myself ~~(just moved in from MA and live just outside of the Watterson by trackside)and just restarting my birds.  Got mine from TSC in LaGrange and Preston Hwy.  Checked with the city and they said on 1/4 acre or less 5 hens and 1 rooster.  Have several neighbors with girls and all seem to have more.  Where abouts in L'ville do you live.
I live off Westport in middletown. I'm kinda new to Louisville too.

Last edited:
I'm in Nicholasville, KY.  Anyone nearby?  We don't have a flock yet but I'm so excited to finish out coop and get some chicks (if only the weather will cooperate)!

We're in Georgetown and just started our flock beware chicken math sets in quickly and soon you'll have more than what you can do with :) it's great though gotta love it

I will have Emden Goslings available weekly starting next Wednesday...sold in pairs or trios if availability allows. Extra ganders may or may not be available.

$10 each..pick up only.

I also have Brown African and Sebastopol goslings available on a regular basis.

Africans arew $10 each and Sebbies are $50 each..Sebbies are sold in pairs only..or trios if availability allows. Extra ganders may or may not be available.

Please call for further details...I don't get much puter time.

Feather People Farm

270-404-3908

We are in Bowling Green, KY.

We have 26 chickens now. I am incubating 40 more and have a shipment of 30 chicks in June. We also have 6 goats and 2 cats. I LOVE my babies!

I would love to hear from others nearby!

I'm right down the road from you in Russellville. Happy to meet a neighbor.
We are in Bowling Green, KY.

We have 26 chickens now.  I am incubating 40 more and have a shipment of 30 chicks in June.  We also have 6 goats and 2 cats.  I LOVE my babies!

I would love to hear from others nearby!

Hello Kentucky folks! I'm in Oldham County, just over the Jefferson County line in Pewee Valley.
I just wanted to drop a line to reintroduce myself. It's been over three years since I was last active on here, I used to go by cheshiechick13 (totally forgot my old password as well as the password to the email that account was linked to LOL). I had a beautiful flock of silkie lavs and they were all massacred by a large dog early one morning. It was a mess of a situation. they were cooped and the dog got his big head in there and popped the door. Ironically I ended up marrying said dogs owner (dog was immediately re-homed after that mess). Love my husband... not a fan of his former dog. I have been on a three year hiatus from chickens, I was so discouraged after that. I had spent so much time and money on those birds, I just gave it up after that. I guess I needed some time from that awful situation. Well I'm back. I have seven sexlinked reds in the run and 14 silkie eggs in the bator due to hatch on Monday (crossing fingers). If all goes well I'll have some Lav splits, buff lav splits, buffs, porcelains and even paints.  
Anywho I thought i would poke my head out of hiding and say hi! ~Steph   

Back
Top Bottom