Kentucky people

Glad to meet you.....when I was a child the world seemed to be a very big place. (I'm 54 so I'm old) Anyway with the internet the world seems to be getting smaller and smaller
celebrate.gif
. I've got Owensboro, Ky for my location only because it's the biggest town closest to where I'm from
idunno.gif
No one usually knows where Beaver Dam is
hu.gif

As I get older I keep telling myself that age is just a number....
lau.gif
. Of course my old body doesn't see the humor in that statement. It's odd how when we're younger like in our single digit years anyone 54 is OLD!!! Now that I am that age it doesn't seem so old. Anyway We have our flock of 40 chickens, 3 tame quail and 1 BIG dog that most folks are terrified of (she's a 75 lb American Pit Bull Terrier) that's like the rest of us is getting older. She's going on 7 so she's slowing down a bit. She's taken it upon herself to protect our flock of chickens. Of course they were wee babies when we bought them. She's an excellent mannered dog so I allow her to protect the chickens and the quail.
Its great to find someone else on BYC that's close to my neck of the woods. How many chickens do you have? have you always lived in Kentucky? I was born in Harlan County in a little town called Evarts, Ky. My parents moved to the western part of the state when I was 5. I found a good man and got married at the age of 20 and have been married to him going on 35 years. We moved to Baltimore, Md for almost 3 years and came back. Kentucky is home!

I had kin folk in Harlan once upon a time. I am just a true backyard chickener now. grew up on a farm in Harrison co. My wife and I have been married 32 years, at least one of us happy most of the time, both of happy some of the time, neither of happy twice, that I remember

My magpie ducks finally got their drake feathers - so now I know I have 2 drakes too many. Need to move them on before they start hassling my girls.

If anyone in the Cincinnati area would like some magpie drakes to start their own flock of these adorable birds please send me a PM. The boys hatched Memorial day and area great foragers in the yard. I do have some ducks if you would like a pair.

Local pickup only. Drakes only $10, pair for $20.

I am from Bowling Green.  I am trying to find a new home for one of my Black Austrolorp roosters.  I've got 2 black austrolorps and 1 little bantam rooster.  I only have 6 hens, so I need to get rid of one of the BA.  He is about 6 months old.
Still available?

Back
Top Bottom