Kentucky people

Quote:
hi and welcome there is going to be a poultry show may 15th at shelbyville ky at the fairground by the kentuckiana poultry club i just got home from the greenriver show at brownsvills ky at the edmonson county fairgrounds had a lot of birds there and i had a lot of fun hope this helps

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. LAdrifter thanks so much for the show info. We will plan to attend the Shelbyville show on 5/15. Anyone else planning to attend?

Good Afternoon, all!

We are trying to wrap up the LORE project, so I present to you a contest: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=332976

KY
has 11 cities open--but you can pick any city from the "green" highlighted list.
smile.png

Quote:
hi and welcome there is going to be a poultry show may 15th at shelbyville ky at the fairground by the kentuckiana poultry club i just got home from the greenriver show at brownsvills ky at the edmonson county fairgrounds had a lot of birds there and i had a lot of fun hope this helps

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. LAdrifter thanks so much for the show info. We will plan to attend the Shelbyville show on 5/15. Anyone else planning to attend?

We go every year......they have a nice setup.

We will be attending Kentuckiana this year as well. This was my first show and probably my favorite out of all of them! Very nice set up and very very clean!!! Any one that is planning on attending and is interested in Seramas, we are having a table top judging as well as in coop judging! looking to see well over 30 Seramas there! This will be the Serama Council of North America's very first triple show as well as we are adding an extra teir to our judging. If anyone would like to know more about the seramas or how the table top judging work please contact me and I will be happy to answer any questions!!!

Thanks for the explanation on Geo-Caching, sounds like a lot of fun. I am going to try to attend the show in May, as it is on a Saturday. Depends on what else is going on at the time though around here.

Mrs. Turbo... I'm soooo hurt that you'd say Shelbyville FM had better homemade bread than me....
sad.png

I had 12 scovie ducklings born and 4 chicks (The hen that hatched them is a silkie but I'm not sure if they were her eggs or not... She won't let anyone near them and hurds them back under the chicken coop if you get toooooo close.....

I now have two other scovies, one of Colby's Wellsummer's and Mrs. Turbo's blue Waddy are sitting on a mixture of eggs... I think silkie, guinea, duck, and various wellsummer and Aracuna eggs... soo many colors and the broody girls won't let you get near them....

I also have 8 beautiful puppies that need homes... 7 boys and 1 girl full blooded Great Pry's.... Here's my farm's website:
http://tauss.home.insightbb.com/The Tauss Family Farm.htm

I'm going to try to get to Shepherdsville this weekend.... I think I owe Mrs. Turbo's DD some soap...

Hi all you Kentuckians!I am Kim from Georgetown Ky. just 15 mins north of Lexington. I've been on here for a while but find it hard to get the time to sit and just be on the computer!
I live with my husband, Willie and 4 daughters-12, 7, 6, and 17 months.
We have 5 cats, 4 dogs, and I lost count of the chickens!. and 9 guineas!
We raise silkies and seramas and we belong to the Serama Council of North America and the Bluegrass Poultry Club. We are chicken fanatics, at least my girls and I are!
I look forward to hearing from all you neighbors!
my e-mail is [email protected]

Quote:
Hi Kim and welcome! I'm just up the highway from you. I know what you mean about finding the time to sit at the computer - I wish I could just read the BYC forum and play with my chickens all day long! I can't seem to be able to find anyone to pay me for that though.
lol.png

Welcome to more new peoples
big_smile.png
Seems as though we are growing by leaps and bounds! kool. So i took the plunge im now a bee keeper built my first hive and bought a package of bees its been a month now and their still hanging around anyone wanting to try bees look into the top bar hive method. Great book to get the "barefoot bee keeper".

Anyone needin french guinea's i have 30 left they are 13 weeks old 8 each.
cool.png

Pop

Back
Top Bottom