Kentucky people

There's one at Sano every Friday night, though it's probably a bit late for you to get to that one
tongue.png

The auction starts around 5:30 or 6, but people line up in the drive as early as 2 CST and sell outside.

Quote:
It was great seeing you guys today. I'm meeting Laura H tomorrow for the buckeyes. She's a hoot (and we have matching Subaru Outbacks).
By the way, you need to talk to your birds. They said you beat them every night and put them to bed without dinner. They are shameless sellouts for a can of cat food.
Seriously though, I think I scored BIG going home with 8 of your birds.
clap.gif

After being up late last night at the truck race at Kentucky Speedway and having to get up at 5:30 this morning to work all day we're waiting till Sunday to go to Milton. I hate that I had to work since we only live 6 miles from the park. I'd love to have met turbo and colby!

Anyone else from the forum going to Milton Sunday? If so what time frame are you looking at?

Larry

Hey guys anyone have any standard breed baby chicks that are up to a week old. Had my first try at incubating with a small group of eggs and only ended up with one chick. He needs a couple buddies to grow up with. I'm in the east central part of Ky.
idunno.gif

I've got a few baby roosters in the making and they need a new home! I keep getting them mixed up, but there are 2 or 3 of them. There's a very slight chance they could be pullets, but they are looking pretty manly.

They're just now feathered out, hatched between July 17-19th. They're black and white cuckoo colored. Their father is an EE/cuckoo Marans mix and their mothers could be any chicken in the pen. (Sex links, Faverolle, EE, White Rock, Columbian Rock, Brown Leghorn, EE/Faverolle mix) One has a semi-pea comb and the others have a straight comb. One has white legs, one has yellow legs.

The pea combed one is already trying to mate with the other chicks! He's a stud. They only have one cuckoo barring gene, so any chicks from them you make will come out with some all cuckoo barred and some chicks will be other colors.

(They probably won't be great for eating. We tried to eat a young roo of the same mix last fall and it didn't have much meat at all. They make scrawny roos for some reason.)

Free to anyone...I'm in Lexington.

Hi! I have BO cockerel for sale. He is 21 weeks old and came from Mt Healthy hatchery and I am asking $5. I am in the central part of eastern KY in Menifee County. You can PM me if you are interested.
smile.png

Thanks
Billie Jo

Quote:
It was great seeing you guys today. I'm meeting Laura H tomorrow for the buckeyes. She's a hoot (and we have matching Subaru Outbacks).
By the way, you need to talk to your birds. They said you beat them every night and put them to bed without dinner. They are shameless sellouts for a can of cat food.
clap.gif

Hey, we even slipped a rooster in there for you.....
big_smile.png

I think Jerry was trying to swipe your keys when you wern't looking. He is upset we are selling the Jeep and getting a truck. I can only fit 3 kids in the Jeep.
the feed bill is proof those chickens are lying@!@!@!@! I think they should be plucked and in the freezer for that! They do fight the new kitten for the cat food, it is like candy.

Rebecca

Quote:
clap.gif

Hey, we even slipped a rooster in there for you.....
big_smile.png

I think Jerry was trying to swipe your keys when you wern't looking. He is upset we are selling the Jeep and getting a truck. I can only fit 3 kids in the Jeep.
the feed bill is proof those chickens are lying@!@!@!@! I think they should be plucked and in the freezer for that! They do fight the new kitten for the cat food, it is like candy.

Rebecca

Hah! You guys sent me home with 2 roos.
Oh, I know they're lying to me. They're just sucking up to the new lady. Plus, you were watering your birds every 20 minutes at the swap.
Are you counting Jerry as one of those kids?
Colby

Back
Top Bottom