Kentucky people

We ought to have a swap meet or even just a chicken nutcase get together. Everything is so dang far away. Normally I am up for it but we are having to drive back and forth to Massachusets this year and I am just not up for any other long drives after that.

Quote:
The manager at the TSC in Georgetown actually told me that it is a requirement of the state of KY.
hu.gif
Something to do with the fact that chickens are not considered pets but livestock . . . ? Not sure if this is actually so but that is what he said anyway.

It's not a state law, my local feed store will let you buy 1 chick or 100.

Add me to the list I live in Western Ky and I think it's just TSC with the 6 chick limit everywhere else i've bought them it's been how many do you want.

Quote:
The manager at the TSC in Georgetown actually told me that it is a requirement of the state of KY.
hu.gif
Something to do with the fact that chickens are not considered pets but livestock . . . ? Not sure if this is actually so but that is what he said anyway.

It is in part TSC policy. No matter where you go, they have the same 6 limit. Although, I know someone who got only 2 because TSC in G-town put up the wrong sign.

I am trying to find an actual KY statute. I saw an article saying that KY had a law regulating minimums for individual persons buying chicks. But, I'm not finding the law......

Oh and don't even get me started on the new manager in g-town!

What new manager? Is Chris still there?

Quote:
It is in part TSC policy. No matter where you go, they have the same 6 limit. Although, I know someone who got only 2 because TSC in G-town put up the wrong sign.

I am trying to find an actual KY statute. I saw an article saying that KY had a law regulating minimums for individual persons buying chicks. But, I'm not finding the law......

Oh and don't even get me started on the new manager in g-town!

What new manager? Is Chris still there?

No it's some guy from ohio named mike

smile.png
Geessseee Thanks everyone...I didn't know my question would create such a thread,
roll.png
however, I knew someone would have the answer? I LOVE our KY People & BYC People !
cool.png

Quote:
Yes, I have 4 that are less than a week old, then I've got 2 that are about 3 weeks old and 2 that are about 6 weeks old. I've also got some 3-4 week old EE chicks. One of the hens outside has 4 LF chicks as well.

I've got some EE and BSL chicks due to hatch in a few days, then I've got some more BCM eggs due in about a week. I've also got some silkie youngsters (between 2 and 8 weeks old) a few older EE.

Last edited:
Quote:
What are you looking for? I have Silkies, a few Buff orps., and a few SLW.

And his silkies are gorgeous too. We got 3 from him that are just beautiful. Well they were beautiful till I let them play in the dirt. They will be beautiful again after a bath.

Back
Top Bottom