Kentucky people

Quote:
Good luck, seems when I have chickens for sale I don't have anyone looking, but if I don't have any people are breaking down the door wanting them! How are your eggs sales going? Mine have really droped in the last 2 weeks.

Isnt that the truth, lol. My egg sells are doin pretty good. I've sold 13 1/2 doz. the past 2 weeks. I also make a trip up to Louisville usually once a month to sell to some of my egg people (family/friends), they all pre order & meet me.

BWT... Your pics. with your barn cat are too stinkin cute!!! That is soooooooo sweet. Our cat just had kittens yesterday, they are so cute, I've posted pics. H-E-R-E, I've already got homes for 3 of them
smile.png

Thanks, all three of our barn cats have grown up with the chickens and I think they think they are chickens too. I love that I can trust them with even the chicks that way I can lock them in the brooding room at night. So far I have not lost one chick this year to the rats
clap.gif
last year I lost at least 5 chicks right out from under the banty hen who hatched them
somad.gif
(only had 1 cat then)

Your pics of the kittens being born is wonderful. I have seen bunnies born but nothing else. I wish my daughter had been around for that.

needtohatch Wrote:

Jen4 wrote:

needtohatch Wrote:

Good luck, seems when I have chickens for sale I don't have anyone looking, but if I don't have any people are breaking down the door wanting them! How are your eggs sales going? Mine have really droped in the last 2 weeks.

Isnt that the truth, lol. My egg sells are doin pretty good. I've sold 13 1/2 doz. the past 2 weeks. I also make a trip up to Louisville usually once a month to sell to some of my egg people (family/friends), they all pre order & meet me.

BWT... Your pics. with your barn cat are too stinkin cute!!! That is soooooooo sweet. Our cat just had kittens yesterday, they are so cute, I've posted pics. H-E-R-E, I've already got homes for 3 of them smile

Thanks, all three of our barn cats have grown up with the chickens and I think they think they are chickens too. I love that I can trust them with even the chicks that way I can lock them in the brooding room at night. So far I have not lost one chick this year to the rats clap last year I lost at least 5 chicks right out from under the banty hen who hatched them somad (only had 1 cat then)

Your pics of the kittens being born is wonderful. I have seen bunnies born but nothing else. I wish my daughter had been around for that.​

My cats would eat my baby chickies... thats really cool yours dont! Rats... Oooo gosh.

Thank You. I'm glad we got to be there & see her have them & labor went perfect. Dd16 thought it was so cool, shes stayed up to watch 2 be born, it was her 1st time
smile.png

Ahhh that is such a sweet photo with the cat.
smile.png
I had found a kitten with a stump tail about 5 months ago and decided to keep her. I woke up a few weeks ago and she was sleeping in the tote with the teen frizzle hen, and the chicks. I figured she would have ate them, not sleep with them.
smile.png

Quote:
I buy mine at Goldenrod Feeds in Liberty. 50# of 16% layer pellets is $9.75; 100# of 20% layer pellets is $17.50; 50# of 20% medicated chick starter or 28% medicated gamebird starter is $11.50.

JustAChickenLittle&More :

Ahhh that is such a sweet photo with the cat.
smile.png
I had found a kitten with a stump tail about 5 months ago and decided to keep her. I woke up a few weeks ago and she was sleeping in the tote with the teen frizzle hen, and the chicks. I figured she would have ate them, not sleep with them.
smile.png

We got all ours as kittens and kept them one of our rabbit cages in the barn till they were big enough to fend for themselves. So they have been around chickens since they were about 8-10 weeks old. They all seem to think they are chickens. I do make sure they get a little cat food just in case hunting was poor that night and they don't get tempted, but have never had an issue (knock on wood).​

Quote:
I buy mine at Goldenrod Feeds in Liberty. 50# of 16% layer pellets is $9.75; 100# of 20% layer pellets is $17.50; 50# of 20% medicated chick starter or 28% medicated gamebird starter is $11.50.

Wow, I wish ours was that cheap. In Hart Co we pay about $11.85 for 50# of layer, I think it is 16%. Jen4 correct me if I am wrong I got mine on Monday and don't remember for sure.

Quote:

Wow, I wish ours was that cheap. In Hart Co we pay about $11.85 for 50# of layer, I think it is 16%. Jen4 correct me if I am wrong I got mine on Monday and don't remember for sure.

This is a feed store run by mennonites, the one I was using before is now up to almost $15 for #50 of layer or starter.

Back
Top Bottom