Kentucky people

I see someone on Bowling Green craigslist has 14 Toulouse geese for sale for $100! That is a great deal for someone! just a little over $7 each! The resale would be great on them.

Quote:
I'm curious why this statement was made. I'm not doubting the statement, but just wondering .... How in the world do you sex chicks at an early age???

I'd love to learn how to sex a chick early on in case I ever buy live young ones. I hatched 5 chicks 2 weeks ago and still waiting to figure out what they are. Using a wing feathering method, I have identified 2 roos, 3 hens. But I may be wrong. Then I saw something about tail feathers if and if I use that technique, one of my original hens is now a roo!

Like Shelly said, When the question was posed on breed, combined with they came from TSC, my assumption is that they are males.

Sex linked chicks are a cross of two other breeds. Females are one color and males another. Hence the name "sex link". They do not breed true, but the original mating produces two distinct chicks based on color.

shelleyd2008: Oooops sorry
lau.gif
(I thought they were ducks
big_smile.png
)

Quote:
ep.gif

Oooh, I'd be dropping some roosters off at the checkout register if a few months if that happened to me!
Colby

gig.gif
I can just see you walking in with your cardboard box to the customer service desk and saying "I have some items I need to return - I have my receipt . . . ."

Quote:
Quick question for you...was the bin marked "pullets"? Those are females.

Yes, I got all my chicks from the bins marked pullets. I would be very upset if most or all of them turned out to be roosters
sad.png
. The three that a couple of people are saying might be roosters don't really act like roosters but I guess I won't know until later. I'm hoping there just some different breed of chicken because I have seen some breeds that TSC sells that chicks look almost exactly like the three I have. There all around 1-2 weeks old by what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom