Kentucky people

Quote:
Hey neighbor!!! We need to get together for a visit... I live in Somerset off 80 toward Nancy. I take my excess chickens down to some really great folks in burnside. The son always has to stop on the way back home to get a peanut butter marshmallow milkshake from that little burger shack.

Cool, I don't know many people around here with chickens. Let me know if you have any extra chickens. My son loves that burger shacks shakes also.

Anybody in the Lex-town area want around 10 free three year old wyandotte hens for their freezer? My girlfriend was supposed to take them this weekend but her daughter needs surgery and doesn't have the time. I don't butcher my own birds. I really need to clean house! I can meet halfway if reasonable. PM me...
Colby in Scott County

Quote:
They're gold laced hatchery stock from Stromberg's. They probably lay 2-3 eggs a week each. They'd actually be 3 years old in November. They're just not productive enough to stay in the egg layer pen, and definately not breeder quality. Plus, a couple of them are chronic broodies
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I will drive as far as the Athens-Boonesburough exit south of Lexington. That's an hour for me. I also have Easter Eggers and blue laced red wyandottes that need to go also. All hens. I can't fit more than 12 birds in my 2 crates with the size of my car.

Ok, that is about 1 1/2 hours from me, I know where it's at. When can we meet? I will be out of town tomorrow but can meet you early sunday if you want. I have a truck and some big crates so I can take as many as you can bring.

Hi, y'all!
wink.png
I'm new to the forum; we live in northern KY near Alexandria and Independence (just south of Cincinnati, OH). We have 8 chickens - 5 pullets, 1 roo and 2 we're not sure about yet! lol We got ours back in March and have been having a ball with them! My husband said he can't believe how much he enjoys them, and now they've begun to lay eggs for us, too!

Anyone near me?

Back
Top Bottom