Kentucky people

Ms. Lewis Rich :

Welcome,FarmKat!
I am in Erlanger, and my birds are kept in Amelia, Ohio.
Pretty close both places!

Hey there young lady!!! How's it been up your way? Being that the hubby fell in love with two beautiful white Silkies I hatched and raised for a friends little girls in TN, I am now going into breeding and selling Silkies. His suggestion believe it or not!! Bought 10 Silkie chicks back in May from some nice folks up in Winchester. They made sure to add some potentials for Layne to show... Toe spacing, coloring, etc... Still have 8 growing(1 failed to thrive and the oddball buff went to a home). Layne chose the two Partridge and Cortni chose a splash and a black out of the bunch. All of the chicks are filling in very good. Those folks have really nice quality Silkies. Layne won't be able to show anything this year though.​

Quote:
Hey there young lady!!! How's it been up your way? Being that the hubby fell in love with two beautiful white Silkies I hatched and raised for a friends little girls in TN, I am now going into breeding and selling Silkies. His suggestion believe it or not!! Bought 10 Silkie chicks back in May from some nice folks up in Winchester. They made sure to add some potentials for Layne to show... Toe spacing, coloring, etc... Still have 8 growing(1 failed to thrive and the oddball buff went to a home). Layne chose the two Partridge and Cortni chose a splash and a black out of the bunch. All of the chicks are filling in very good. Those folks have really nice quality Silkies. Layne won't be able to show anything this year though.

Oh I see how it is, now I'm a 'home'
lol.png

I need some help guys. My dads dog killed one of my sons bantams today. ( young dog and older dad, the dog got away from him and he just could not run fast enough to stop him) He is torn up. Its an egyptian feyuma. Most hyper evil bird ever and my sons favorite. I am looking for a replacement bird or two. My dad wants to buy him a replacement. Dev has been begging for a dorking for almost a year so I am going to attempt to find one and maybe another hyper evil feyuma lol. If anyone has either of these or anything interesting that might tempt a chicken loving 10 year old let me know. He already has D'uncles and silkies, polishes, and mini EE's. If a dorking or feyuma are not avail maybe a sizzle or a frizzle. I have no other ideas but one of you might. We would just like him to stop crying and maybe another fluffy to spoil will make it easier for him.

this may require an order to be put in lol. My dad is feeling pretty dang guilty. It really wasn't his fault, it was an accident but there is no telling him that right now. He just wants to make things right.

Quote:
I don't have either of those but have a really funny bantam silver Duckwing rooster (and hen). The rooster used to be super friendly and would follow me around and beg to be petted. Now hormones have kicked in and he has turned mean. I am hoping it is a phase. He has to go anyways thought before my neighbors complain since I am in the city and he is a crowing rooster. He is an excellent guard rooster and very protective of the flock.

photo.jpg

Quote:
I don't have the others but I have two 5 1/2 week old Silver Sebrights. They are super small - my 10 year old picked them out so they might tempt yours! They're feathered out. We were going to move them outside today. I'll snap some pics if you want them.

EDIT: I live up near Cinci but I think I'm going to try and pick up some D'Uccles from Lucky. If you want the Sebrights, maybe we could all coordinate and save some gas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom