Kentucky people

Hi Russ,

I am Nearby in Nelson county. I currenty own 11 Orpingtons Blue's and Black's and Lavenders.
I am new to Chickens. Only been in it since June. Loving it so far and waiting for the first egg!

Quote:
We are going!!! My little one is SO excited! We will be there saturday. If you see a little girl in a purple power wheelchair with lights flashing.... thats us!

She is wanting something small.... she really wants seramas. I am not sure we will buy anything, but get a better idea of what else she is wanting and come home and find breeders... I know I already talked to Shelly about Seramas. I just want her to SEE the birds and decide. Who knows we may drive back up Sunday for a pickup, but I am seriously doubting that.

Beth

Quote:
smile.png
I'm planning to go Saturday to see the dairy goats & chickens~the chickens are released @ 5pm on Sunday from the fair, you could probably make it to work if you took the chickens w/ you
cool.png

Quote:
We will be watching my daughters caregiver and her kids showing goats... they aren't dairy tho. Boar goats?

Beth

smile.png
BOER~ those are Meat goats~very popular in KY~I've eaten a few
big_smile.png
The KIKO is another meat goat~I'm interested in seeing the Nigerian Dwarf milk goats,since that is what I have.
cool.png

Quote:
We are going!!! My little one is SO excited! We will be there saturday. If you see a little girl in a purple power wheelchair with lights flashing.... thats us!

She is wanting something small.... she really wants seramas. I am not sure we will buy anything, but get a better idea of what else she is wanting and come home and find breeders... I know I already talked to Shelly about Seramas. I just want her to SEE the birds and decide. Who knows we may drive back up Sunday for a pickup, but I am seriously doubting that.

Beth

Seramas are very sweet, I'm sure she'll love them. My son likes them but his favorites are the silkies and d'uccles
roll.png

All I know is a borrowed a goat of hers for a week to each vines on the trees in my yard then she took it to the stock yards. They are a pain in the butt to catch breed and get to walk back to the trailer after showing. I have carried a couple that would just flop down. I think if I had a goat I would want one smaller than hers and dairy.... But it's a lot of dedication to milk a goat!!!

Quote:
smile.png
agree goats can be difficult~ the babies can jump so high & when u catch them they screem like human kids !
lol.png
mine the tallest one is 22" & I can pick all of them up~I also have Mini Silky Fainting goats also small & friendly~ You don't have to milk them if u leave the kids on them & you can also only milk once a day if that works the best for you. They do like to talk, some more than others. I'm cutting down my herd as I'm planning to move South closer to my children & grandchildren
cool.png

Quote:
smile.png
agree goats can be difficult~ the babies can jump so high & when u catch them they screem like human kids !
lol.png
mine the tallest one is 22" & I can pick all of them up~I also have Mini Silky Fainting goats also small & friendly~ You don't have to milk them if u leave the kids on them & you can also only milk once a day if that works the best for you. They do like to talk, some more than others. I'm cutting down my herd as I'm planning to move South closer to my children & grandchildren
cool.png

I went and looked up the mini silky fainting goats!! They are the cutest thing ever!! I think her boer goats should be called fainting!! When they don't want to walk they jump straight up and throw themselves on their side dead weight and just lay there!! But yours are so much cuter!!

Shelly I think you are right. She loves her silkies but I think the size of seramas would be easier for her with showmanship. Currently her chicken of choice is our largest hen a big ole Easter egger she had in the house playing dress up yesterday. But she could never show her because of size. She can't handle her well enough to do anything Besides lug her around and play dressup!!

Back
Top Bottom