Kentucky people

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
ou'ss find lots of great info and great people here. I am from Cecilia.

Baby bunnies, baby ducks, and some older ducklings will be going to Sano tomorrow if anyone is interested. Baby ducks (hatched yesterday) are 2 pekin and 2 rouen~~$3 each. Another 2-week-old Pekin is $4, older ducklings (6 weeks old??) are $6. Older ducklings are 2 pure Pekins, 2 Rouen/Pekin mixes, 5 Runner/Pekin mixes (possibly pure Runner). I also have another Pekin/Rouen mix about 8 weeks old. I know 1 pekin, 1 rouen/pekin mix, and 1 runner mix are girls, and the older Pekin/Rouen mix is a boy...not sure on the rest of them.

Baby bunnies were 5 weeks old on Tuesday (8-16). 3 spotted and 4 brown. Will be medium to large size as adults. $5 each.

Also have at least one trio of Ringneck Pheasants about 12 weeks old, the male is just starting to get his color. Asking $25 for the trio OBO.

Quote:
Their number is 270-949-2276

If I remember correctly the brand they can get is the stuff at http://www.countrysideorganics.com/home.php?cat=51.
Organic AND soy-free.

Yup, just called him again. He says he has to order 44 50lb bags from them, so he's looking for a $500 commit until he knows that its actually going to sell. If he knew more than just you and I were interested, he might go ahead. If I wrote it down right, the layer would be $32, the scratch $26, and the grower or starter $36.50. I think he was agreeing that it could be a mix and matched order. I could probably handle putting up 1/2 - in grower and starter. My best friend decided she needed to send me hatching eggs for my birthday, so I've got chicks to feed lol for the next few months. I think I'm going to be getting some scratch grains locally.

Hello, I am pretty new to this form so I am still trying to figure everything out! I live in Meade Co. and am in need of a female duck. Long story short I have to many males and they are ganging up on the special needs males. I think this is over the girls. I didn't have a problem until my one of my girls turned "of age"
wink.png
She was raised with my deformed drake and I think her fondness of him is what is causing the problem with the other 2 males. That said, I can not find anywhere around here to buy a grown female or any ducks. I really don't want to spend a long of money, this includes gas. Does anyone know of a place or person around Meade/Hardin/Bullitt/Jefferson County that has ducks for sale? The closer to Ft. Knox area the better, but I do go to Louisville a lot.

Quote:
We use Cecilia Farm Supply and they order us 10 bags of feed at a time. We finally gave up on the nutrena and found a good waterfowl feed and a Kent feed that has animal protein in it along with alfalfa, oats, wheat....etc. Great stuff and the birds go nuts over it.

If you can swing 10 bags it might be worth a try. We use more 10 bags a week here so it is not a big deal.

I can get the tag off the bag tomorrow... you should be able to ask for a bag of the waterfowl feed, but I do know the Kent feed is the one with the oats and such in it. We mix the kent and the waterfowl feed half and half for the call ducks.

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:

I can get the tag off the bag tomorrow... you should be able to ask for a bag of the waterfowl feed, but I do know the Kent feed is the one with the oats and such in it. We mix the kent and the waterfowl feed half and half for the call ducks.​

AWESOME! I have noticed the ducks dont eat the Nutrena well...they prefer the duck feed over it. Let me know if you dont mind when you get the tag, I would really appreciate it! Does Cecilia order more than 10 bags or will I have to tell them to start ordering a few more so I can get some too, if the ducks like it?

I have some adult ducks. I don't think though that a single female duck is going to do much for the other males. They will try to kill each other over that one. i have an adult male and 2 girls is not enough for him. he attempts the dogs, geese, and chickens to make up for the lack. I would separate the special needs drake and his gal if possible.

How many ladies should there be per drake? I have one Adult drake Pekin and his mate I raised as ducklings about 1 1/2 years old (or just over)- and a young one born in May from their eggs, that I think is a drake, he's never tried to mate with it so thats why I'm guessing its a drake, but I have 2 blue rouens I think are female - born in May also, he tries to mate one all the time, she has a small bald spot on the back of her head, the other he never tries to mate, though it shows no signs of feathering out like a drake at all yet- looks like its going to be ALL GIRL!
big_smile.png
. I will post pics maybe you guys can tell me what you think. I may need to get some more ducks to offset what I have...separate....or sell.....I had just the adult pair and things were good, and actually they are good, but reading this and seeing how he tries to mate with her so much, and thinking what if that other Rouen is going to end up a drake, and my other Pekin is a drake, I could be in trouble. But so far no fighting at all, its all peaceful. I hope that made sense

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom