Kentucky people

smile.png
Concerning~Sonora Farm Store~Animal Swap~270-949-2276~August 27th Saturday~Starts @ 9 am EDT & goes until you want to leave or sell everything~
tongue.png
Any animal is welcome-no fee~They are also having special sale prices on animal feeds~And The SONORA Festival is going on this weekend also~so lot of people.~
big_smile.png
Exit 81 off of 65 south look for Dollar General~Large building next door~Sign~Sonora Farm Store~close off of I-65 ~see u there~
cool.png

Quote:
That wire is okay if the birds have enough sense not to sleep next to the wire. Raccoons especially could easily reach through that wire and pull a bird's head out. I'm sure it would work okay, but it would be an added risk that can easily be avoided by using 1/2" hardware cloth.....just my 2¢

You know what Shelley, after looking at other pics of Silkies around this age, there's no doubt in my mind this ones a girly. Think I should try breeding her with a splash male I'm keeping? Or cull if you are interested in a trade later? I noticed you can see a little bit of her wattle here but she had been drinking too. She'll be 6 months old on Monday.
photo1-32.jpg

photo2-53.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
It's hard telling what you'll get breeding her to a splash, but it surely wouldn't hurt. You might get some 'rare' color out of the combo
wink.png

But if you want to trade, that's fine too. You could use her as a down-payment on some lavender Ameraucanas next year
lol.png

Ok, I'll keep her til she starts laying and go from there. Maybe I'll breed her for a few months then work a trade if you don't mind. Just to see what the chicks turn out like?

Back
Top Bottom