Kentucky people

Gonna have to put a roof over the run now that I have 3 white hawk baits. Hehe! Ron already suggested some type of top anyway. I will clip a wing on the Am roo and run more fencing up to the roof between the pens so he doesn't get an itch for greener pastures. Don't think he would anyway. He's only flown over once and that was when those dogs were coming around and he was trying to protect his girls.

Everybody that responded to my pics and question about the gender of Laynes Frizzle I hatched from Mary S back in Marches swap says it's a girl, so now I don't have to worry about where to keep it. When it starts to lay I need to pay attention to which eggs are hers so I don't mix it up with the Silkie eggs.

Well no but yes too. How much for 1 of yours. Also. My friend has a load of rir Roos. Are they worth it? They have been told they aren't worth the meat?? So should they eat them? Of so how much to do theirs?

So complicated
big_smile.png
I think any chicken is worth eating. To tougher not as good chickens go to the crock for bbq chicken or for soup. the better tasting birds go to the table or are canned. For mine ive got got three that someone would eat(the other three are silkies and for me) but if you wanted to buy the three 25$ or 10$ each. kinda hi but i like the taste of my birds
big_smile.png
. And the RIR i would say yes. I would take/eat them in a heartbeat.

Saw a post on here about coops and just had to chime in. I am in Northern Kentucky and we had the same guy as Zonoma build our coop and it is great. He had it done sooner than we expected and it is exactly as he described it. We live close enough so we picked it up from him, and we painted it ourselves, so we saved money there, too.(actually it sould have been cheaper and easier if we would have had him paint it, but don't tell hubby that!!)

94177_coop_002.jpg

94177_coop_001.jpg

I am glad we found his ad on craigslist, and so are our chickens!!

Jen

boxermom&nowchicks :

Saw a post on here about coops and just had to chime in. I am in Northern Kentucky and we had the same guy as Zonoma build our coop and it is great. He had it done sooner than we expected and it is exactly as he described it. We live close enough so we picked it up from him, and we painted it ourselves, so we saved money there, too.(actually it sould have been cheaper and easier if we would have had him paint it, but don't tell hubby that!!)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/94177_coop_002.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/94177_coop_001.jpg

I am glad we found his ad on craigslist, and so are our chickens!!

Jen

He's trying to build his website and get sone testimonials. I sent him some nice pics of my coop- you should, too! Love the yellow!!​

Back
Top Bottom