Kentucky people

I asked the person when she took bloodf from my birds and stuck something down there throats. When was the last time what they were checking for was there a problem, she said never !!!!!!!!!!!
Sooo give me a break!

I am located in Prospect, KY and am looking for a pair of golden comet hens or RIR hens. Anyone know of a place or person i could possibly purchase some from?

Quote:
You don't have to be NPIP certified to show but if you aren't certified then they are supposed to test your birds at the show. This isn't too bad if you don't show whites, but showing white birds and having them tested before the show has a tendency to make them turn pink
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
No, there is no charge for it. They test for AI and pollorum which are both very rare. But they are also pretty devastating to poultry so they test them to nip any sings of these illnesses in the bud.

I'm not NPIP yet but I talked to the guys at Sano who were there swabbing birds about it today. So I should be getting tested sometime soon
fl.gif

Being NPIP also means you can legally ship birds and/or eggs over state lines.

I wish they tested for more diseases with NPIP. Anyone remember several years ago when I bought healthy looking chickens and then they turned out to be carriers of infectious coryza and I lost my entire flock? I had to get rid of the few survivors, disinfect, and wait awhile before starting over. I'm so terrified of that happening again. I don't think I will ever work up the courage to show birds!

We just got two new Silkies from someone we know at a chicken swap. The white one is a 1 year old rooster and the blue one is 4 months old and we don't know what the gender is. The pictures aren't very great but anyone know what gender s/he is? I'm really hoping its a she, and s/he doesn't act like the other one and hasn't crowed. Wouldn't it be crowing by now?

SilkieRooster.jpg

Silkies.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
I wondered how they might be. Is their meat black too, or just the skin on the outside?

Maybe that's a stupid question. Humans look the same inside despite skin colors...haha.

Their skin and bones are black. In Asia they are thought to have healing powers and are a delicacy. I would rather keep mine as pets. My silky hen is the sweetest chicken I have ever met.... Poor fellas!

I just caught the above quote and had to ask which breed/color is the ones with black skin and bones?

Back
Top Bottom