Kentucky people

Quote:
I don't know how "central' your part of KY is
big_smile.png
but the Lexington craigslist is stuffed with silkies. There's a swap this Saturday in Frankfort sponsored by the Bluegrass Poultry Assoc.

Are you sure there's one this Saturday? I went to the one last Saturday and I know they have swap meets every 4th Saturday of the month in Frankfort. Oh, and I am located in Frankfort and I think I might have already found some Silkies but thanks!
big_smile.png

Ms. Lewis Rich :

Love to know who shows silkies and Cochins?

My kids do. We just started this year. We have partridge and buff silkies. We are working on breeding partridge. We also have Cochins. Kinda a mixed bag. Fun to show next year none to breed. 3 Millie fleur Cochin hens a black hen and a silver laced Cochin roo.

I don't know much about it all. We are learning because the kid love them!!​

Etown/Cecilia/Sonora/Glendale folks:

Sonora Farm Supply has apparently come around to our requests, and will be carrying the Countryside Organics starter, grower, layer, and scratch feed (all certified organic and soy-free) within the next couple of weeks, which is incredibly exciting news, and means we won't have to drive up to Fresh Start Growers Supply up in Louisville for our organic feed anymore!

They deserve major kudos for deciding to carry this (and not require us to pay for entire pallets in advance), so I hope a few of you will join us in buying the feed from them. In all of our interactions, they've been great folks, and they deserve our support.

So who all is going to the BPA show September 24? I will almost certainly be there but not sure yet what I'm taking. Probably Serama mostly, and maybe an OEGB pullet that I have from this year.
To sell I will have a trio of BTW japanese and some BCM youngsters, probably others...who knows?
smile.png

They are having their 'normal' sale area like they usually have at the show then they are having an auction. I'll probably put my stuff in the auction so I don't have to watch it.

These will be on craigslist also. I have a flock started group. They will not stay out of my parents orchids so they have to go. I have one barred rock rooster and 5 lovely ladies. They all must go together. Among these are 3 beautiful Wyandotte hens. There is also an all back hen that has a bit of blue and green sheen in her feathers. There is also what I think is an EE hen but she has Silvery feathers. She is probably the pretties hen I own. All are a year old and younger. There have been no flock deaths not due to predators in the last 6 months and no known diseases. Almost 100% of my birds have come from other BYC members. I do have other hens that may be added to this lot later. But these are the ones that need to go immediately. I will take 42 for all of them.

I also have Pekin ducks, fully feathered out and already on the pond. Still young but some are already mating and laying. There are up to 10 of these available. I will sell them for $7 each if you know anyone.

I would prefer they go to people who care for poultry. I hate to put them on craigslist but they need to go soon. The threat of poison in the orchids has been made.

Back
Top Bottom