Kentucky people

Just got back from the Bluegrass Poultry show. I watched the whole auction, but I didn't buy anything in the auction or from anyone selling . One woman seemed to buy most of the chickens in the auction. It was hard not to buy anything, especially with my husband urging me to bid. Just gives me more reason to buy some birds at the next show.

was anybody selling black or blue wyandottes? just wondering....
hmm.png

I lucked out and got off early the night before so I didn't have to get off from work and go straight to the show. We came home with 2 silkie pullets and a very unneeded but gorgeous splash silkie rooster. We also somehow wound up with a trio of Polish. One of the silkie pullets was a partridge to go with our lonely silkie rooster from the state fair. He was so excited, it was like he knew that she belonged to him and they were grooming each other all day. He was even dancing for her, it is the peppiest I have seen him.

I was hoping there would be more large breed chickens, there were bantam game birds everywhere.

Quote:
What's with all the OEGB birds?. The 2 shows I have gone to have been loaded with them. The auction at the show was practically all OEGB's. Am I missing something?

Chicklette1 it was nice meeting at the show yesterday. hope you can make it to the Green River show Oct 8th. we are having another Chick class for the Serama. 2-3 mos and 4 to 5 months see you later bye

Back
Top Bottom