Kentucky people

Does anyone know where i can get some more info. on green river show. and if any one is interested i got some bantam bbs roo. orps. 5 weeks for sale. thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
Awah, I looked for you there, wanted to show you my Lav roo. Sorry you did not make it.

I know I really wanted to go but I would go crazy taking a 6 month old and a three year old by myself.

Quote:
Thank you and nice meeting you also. I just finished doing some table top training with my 16 babies. I hope one day to show them but not until they are "soup". Do not know what I have as of now. I will look up the Green river show but if it is too far away, I will not go. Wish you good luck!

the Green River show is just north west of Bowling Green near Moumouth Cave just south of Brownsville, KY hope you can come. Entry Deadline is Sept 29th,the show is Oct 8th coop in by 8:45 judging starts at 9:00

Last edited:
Quote:
It was way late when I got there, and I think a lot of folks had pulled out already. I had to talk myself into going, since I could NOT buy anything. I saw the LF Buff Orps. Dang, those things are huge!! I think that every year when I see the standards - big, and scary. I'm happy with my little bantams. They were beautiful though. I'm new to Orps, and I was (and am here too, as I look at photos) surprised at how big the hens combs and wattles are.

I only saw 3 Cochins (standards?), the 3 Orps, 1 Polish, a few Silkies, some bantam Wyandottes (but I didn't see any Foleys around)and like you said, LOTS of OEGB. They have beautiful colors though. I'm happy having 1 bantam Brahma hen in my little mixed flock, but I think I would find it hard to get into a breed that only came in 3 (or 1!) color varieties.

I took one of my bantam Orp chicks (7 weeks) and found a home for him with some folks from Tennessee I had been directed to as having some knowledge of Orps. His boy, about 10 years old, seemed pretty interested, so Dad let me give the chick to him. The little feller seemed pretty pleased.

I am sooo glad that my Orps are like Dogs. When I went out to the barn tonight one had gotten loose. She came up to greet me. I said lets go and headed toward the chicken yard. She fell in step right behind me, all the way through the gate. They do this every time Gitta Love EM! Never knew that Chickens could be like this.
ya.gif

[
It was way late when I got there, and I think a lot of folks had pulled out already. I had to talk myself into going, since I could NOT buy anything. I saw the LF Buff Orps. Dang, those things are huge!! I think that every year when I see the standards - big, and scary. I'm happy with my little bantams. They were beautiful though. I'm new to Orps, and I was (and am here too, as I look at photos) surprised at how big the hens combs and wattles are.

I only saw 3 Cochins (standards?), the 3 Orps, 1 Polish, a few Silkies, some bantam Wyandottes (but I didn't see any Foleys around)and like you said, LOTS of OEGB. They have beautiful colors though. I'm happy having 1 bantam Brahma hen in my little mixed flock, but I think I would find it hard to get into a breed that only came in 3 (or 1!) color varieties.

Right now I have Black, Blue, and Lavender Orps. I want acouple of whites and a couple of Buffs. Maybe one day a Jubilee. Mine are almost as big as the beautiful ones in the show. They are younger but I don't think they will be as big as that huge buff pullet. They are wonderful, like puppy dogs. I raised mine from 5 wk old chicks. I wish I had met you. I have not seem a batam orp. would have liked the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom