Kentucky people

Quote:
I know that Tractor Supply carries Dumor brand starter crumbles for pheasant, chukar, etc. It's a different ratio than regular chick starter.
Brumfield Hay and Grain in Lexington carries Purina game bird starter chow (I did a purina search online for carryers). They've been around FOREVER. My mother used them for her feed over 35 years ago when she used to stadium jump. You're actually pretty lucky to come into thoroughbred racing community. There are probably more feed mills and carriers than other states and areas because of the horse farms and beef industry here.
A last thought. Cracked corn for cattle is more powdery and smaller than say, the cracked corn at TSC. It has some of the consistency of semolina or corn meal. Wasteful to an adult chicken but maybe good for you? I had bought some from Hallway feeds last year when a co worker bought feed for his boer goats.

Tractor supply also carries the purina too

Hey Kentucky People! Sorry to stop in so randomly, but my Dad told me he wanted birds for Christmas and Im not having much luck on Craigslist.

PLUS--Id rather give some BYC'er my money, lol

**************HERE IS THE WANTED LIST********

He's looking for some big dewlap geese..might be talking about Toulouse? He wants a pair of those.

He's also looking for Muscovy ducks..I think a trio of those.

He also mentioned Peafowl and Guineas (would need to be young maybe so they stick around?)

I have no idea why one would want to stock up on birds when its getting ready to be REALLY cold out, but Im looking to buy!
I dont have time to get on here as much, so feel free to PM me if you have any info! Ill get notified in my regular email.
Thanks! OH! AND we are in Georgetown, just outside of Lexington. Im willing to drive about an hour....maybe more if I can do one stop shopping and the prices are affordable!
Thanks again you guys!

Quote:
I can set you up with the Muscovies..I have some beautiful blue pied and some traditional black and white. Send me a PM if you are interested.
A friend of mine can set you up with guineas. I think she said she still has around 150 of them..lol.

Last edited:
I am from Somerset and I am a breeder and shower of high quality American Gamefowl. I breed both standard and bantam sizes. I work with three bloodlines in my standards: Redquill (Elson), Kelso (Jumper), and Hatch (Lepier and Robinson). In Bantams I breed Brown Reds, Redquills and Black Sids. I breed all my birds as two crosses and no more than three. I only show the birds that I breed off of each year. I am wanting to ask my fellow Kentuckians if there are anymore breeders of AGF in our lovley state. I am looking to widen my flock by buying other breeders birds. I am very picky and if I even suspect a cock fighter I will turn and walk away. I WANT SHOW BIRDS NOT FIGHTING BIRDS. That is cruelty and downright heartless to partake in.

So if anyone knows that name and contact information for a fellow Breeder of show quality AGF....Please email me at [email protected].

Some of my birds:

Highme Hatch Redquill
81435_picture_089.jpg

81435_highme3.jpg

81435_highme2.jpg

Hatch Redquill Rooster and Hatch Kelso Grey hen
81435_agf_duo.jpg

Broody Girl...She died this year after brooding three different times.....a stray dog got her
sad.png

81435_pik_012.jpg

Bantam Brown Red Rooster:
81435_picture_067.jpg

TIM

Last edited:
I had 2 grey american game hens that adopted us. They have both since chosen bad spots for a nest and got eaten, but before that they raised a bunch of chicks for us. I just have a couple of their mixed babies.

Quote:
I can set you up with the Muscovies..I have some beautiful blue pied and some traditional black and white. Send me a PM if you are interested.
A friend of mine can set you up with guineas. I think she said she still has around 150 of them..lol.

Thank you sooo sooo much! Ill let you know. I forgot to add my locale. Since Im outside of Lexington, you are nearly 3 hours from me. I love my Dad, but a 6+ hour trip is a lot, lol.
Im going to keep hunting a bit closer to home, but if I dont have any luck, Ill PM you and might be making a road trip! Thanks!

EDITED TO ADD---------- BANTAMWYANDOTTE, that is the best toilet nest EVER! Love it!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

Thank you sooo sooo much! Ill let you know. I forgot to add my locale. Since Im outside of Lexington, you are nearly 3 hours from me. I love my Dad, but a 6+ hour trip is a lot, lol.
Im going to keep hunting a bit closer to home, but if I dont have any luck, Ill PM you and might be making a road trip! Thanks!

EDITED TO ADD---------- BANTAMWYANDOTTE, that is the best toilet nest EVER! Love it!
big_smile.png

I had a guy come from up near Detroit, Michigan a couple years ago to pick up 6 Jersey Giant chicks..he wanted a new bloodline. 650 miles. Where's your sense of adventure?? LOL!!!

Quote:

big_smile.png

I had a guy come from up near Detroit, Michigan a couple years ago to pick up 6 Jersey Giant chicks..he wanted a new bloodline. 650 miles. Where's your sense of adventure?? LOL!!!

Heck I think I'd make the drive from lex just to see all those birds!! Sounds like an awesome adventure!

Back
Top Bottom