Kentucky people

I still have a pair of White Sebbies for sale. They are about a month old. Several people have contacted me and they don't show up. Please send me a PM if interested and I will provide my cell number for details.
Thanks!

I put $20 on that one.
fl.gif
I will too!

I feel for you on the guineas. Before we moved to this part of the state I had a flock of 30. The "good night" calls were ear-splitting, but we had 3 dogs, 6 cats, and 3 horses who never had but the very rare tick (three or so a summer) and the guineas killed off snakes like an assassin squad. **** I miss those birds!! Ticks are horrendous without them.

I need to find out about that swap meet on the 19th. We have goslings hatching and we're up to 14 now. Some need new homes.

Mother is Pilgrim, great face markings, but she had a fling with a mixed gander which was "supposed to be" a Toulouse female. (Never saw a goose do that before). Now I have a hatching with evidence of several breeds including one which looks like it will be patterned like a Pomeranian and a couple showing African neck stripes but no knob signs as yet. They're coming 2 weeks old, on a hi-pro game bird starter and will be on no heat by the 19th. They've already had their first grazing and swimming lessons.
All started at the foot of my bed. There was no way I was leaving them out with the weather flip-flopping between frost and cooking.

That swap might be the perfect place to find some Buff Orpingtons or Fawn and White Runner Ducks. Could someone fill me in on the whens and wheres of it?

Thank you very much! My girls just hatched out another one showing Pomeranian saddle-back and head markings. This is getting tooooo weird. The gander was sold to me as a Toulouse goose, and the "now a gander" looks like a perfect Toulouse. He can't be pure if he's throwing Pomeranian markings. I really need to re-home all my larger grey Toulouse-looking geese. If I can come up with good cages, I might just bring them to the swap as well as the goslings they hatched.

They are out of a pure Pilgrim female and a "Heinz 57" mix apparently. There is no doubt he's quite fertile and will come with the other "girls" he came with. After this though, I'm not guaranteeing they are girls, but may be other younger males. If you keep separate coops for different breeds, a gander is the best watchdog there is. In protecting his territory from predators, he protects your chickens as well. They protect my ducks too. The new Pilgrim goslings I have are being raised with my new Fawn and White Indian Runner ducks for that purpose. They're just a month old so no Runner babies till next spring.

Nope, haven't seen "hide ner hair" of any. I don't go for light chickens though, so it's no surprise I haven't seen them. I don't normally pay attention to them and I had to look up what it was you were looking for. The dual meat/eggers are my favorites, and my pond-hoppers of course, my geese and ducks.

What do you use for dual meat/eggers?
I have one Black Copper Marans rooster that I'm thinking of breeding with my Black Australorps and Barred Rocks to get a large dual meat/egger.
"Large" meaning larger than my Australorps and Rocks.
All my other roosters are bantam sized.

Back
Top Bottom