Kentucky people

I'm a big supporter of 4-H/FFA. I was a member of both. I was a FFA Officer and then a Adult Leader for 4-H. Both are very wonderful programs especially in rural areas. No toes were stepped on but sometimes we should realize that were not the only ones that read these forums. Who is Marty Short?? He is from my town and noone has ever heard of him. Saw his name on the Bluegrass Poultry App. at the State Fair and was like huh?? KyBoy is the swap the same one that Caseman is putting on?? It has been being advertised for this Saturday in Lexington.
Yes it is one in the same. Also if you cant make it to this saturdays swap. Put on your calender to make it to the one next month. They are the last saturday of every month till November. Hope to see you there!

I'd love to go to the show too except it's a two hour drive.
hmm.png

Hey Braclin, I just bought four pullets and one cockerel from a breeder I know who said they are from the Wade Jeane line and all are feather booted nicely. Mine are still young so i wont have any off-spring until next year.
Thats cool, I have two hens from the same line that just turned 2. Was wanting to hatch some from them because they have been excellent layers,broodies. Thanks

I can take a couple of younger black copper marans roos if anyone is interested to the lexington swap. just need to let me know by tonight! My extras we are taking to the processor in the morning. They are nice but too many and not enough room. I will also be taking some blue, splash, black copper marans hens along with a couple of silver sussex pullets and a roo or two for them as pairs. I have a list already of people I will be meeting so just pm me or let me know here. Sometimes I don't always get a notice of anyone replying to these threads. :)
I will also have some pullets/hens that would be good just for laying eggs for personal use. Some with their color not quite right from my project pens. :)

This roo is presold!!!! The Blue Marans hens are my girls that have produced a pair of county fair winners this year. the pullet showed in 10 shows and was not lower than first! Another pullet went Champion at her first show! The cockerel won several of his too! pics are below of the actual pair with ribbons.

Please post all ads in the appropriate BST section.

Thanks

~Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one black silkie roo from Catdance silkies in WA from their show line. I don't have a pullet for him and with just a porcelain pair don't have much use for him. Really nice boy and already trying to breed. Birds from this line sell for quite a bit. Pic is from a few months ago. He's very full and fluffy now and ready for his own girl. I may sell him for the right price. :)
We call him Elvis. lol

A birds price should never be accounted to what line they are from. I dont care if THE top Silkie breeder in the country sold you those eggs, if that bird is not to standard it is not worth much. Attaching someones name to a bird for your gain is no way to sale poultry. That IMHO.

~Casey

A birds price should never be accounted to what line they are from. I dont care if THE top Silkie breeder in the country sold you those eggs, if that bird is not to standard it is not worth much. Attaching someones name to a bird for your gain is no way to sale poultry. That IMHO.

~Casey

I agree. It was not my intention to come across that putting a name to the bird for my gain. I am always asked what line they came from so included it. When I have not added the line they had come from that is the first question I have to answer with each PM or email.
Good birds from this line have sold well. Every good breeder knows that it takes alot of hatching to get what each breeder is looking for. I went to look at him and the others and came home with them. I chose them It is up to the buyer to judge if the bird is what they are looking for or if it fits their program and if the price is what they want to pay. I did not list a price. As you see, he does have a name and has sentimental value. However, I do not have a pullet for him. He is available and if a buyer can use him and we come to an agreement on price then there is free commerce. I do not judge how others choose to raise/sell their birds. I have seen many I don't care for and have just passed on them. Others may find the same birds to their liking and have. But I am not going to discourage anyone or criticize their methods unless asked my opinion.
I work hard with my birds and programs. I spend a lot in care and feed. Feed prices are going up. I have to decide which ones are more important for me to keep and which ones I am going to have to let go. If the birds do not pay for themselves then I am doing something wrong. This particular bird was one of 3 that several people were interested in before I got them and I do believe you were one of them if I am not mistaken. I have almost a full year into raising him.
If I have offended anyone or yourself, I apologize. That was not my intention. You are definitely entitled to your opinion and free speech. I am too.
Thank you to all that have PM'd me about Elvis. I will be more than happy to answer your questions and send more pics. God Bless

Back
Top Bottom