Kevin bit me!!!!! Lol

15chickiemama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
What the hell is up with my rooster biting me. Lol it was just a peck in my leg but still enough to leave a mark. Lol. It was my rir. He's 3 mos old. I know they can be jerk but really! He also started crowing this week so he thinks he's big man around here now a days!! Still love him!! Lol

I have a Buff Brahma, Penrod, who has a biting problem. He's a year old now, and after months of training, has gotten better. He used to remove large plugs of my flesh as if a drill bit was attached to his beak - plenty painful!

I've been working with a chicken psychologist olychickenguy to retrain him. It involves pushing him down onto the ground with one hand on his rump and the other hand pinching his neck. This simulates a dominant rooster putting him in his place. Do this quickly after you get bitten.

You may want to examine Ky's web site for more information on rooster training. http://olychickenguy.blogspot.com/2011/03/006-how-to-deal-with-skittish-chickens.html

my rir roo pecked me once at 2 months old, i flicked him on the beck and he stared at me in total disbelief ... was so funny
lau.gif

seriously though now is the time to keep him in check as the hormones start kicking in! Lay down the law!!!
old.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom