Kevin bit me!!!!! Lol

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 15chickiemama, May 27, 2011.

1. 15chickiemama

15chickiemama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    What the hell is up with my rooster biting me. Lol it was just a peck in my leg but still enough to leave a mark. Lol. It was my rir. He's 3 mos old. I know they can be jerk but really! He also started crowing this week so he thinks he's big man around here now a days!! Still love him!! Lol

2. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'd thump him in the head with your finger.

3. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    I have a Buff Brahma, Penrod, who has a biting problem. He's a year old now, and after months of training, has gotten better. He used to remove large plugs of my flesh as if a drill bit was attached to his beak - plenty painful!

I've been working with a chicken psychologist olychickenguy to retrain him. It involves pushing him down onto the ground with one hand on his rump and the other hand pinching his neck. This simulates a dominant rooster putting him in his place. Do this quickly after you get bitten.

You may want to examine Ky's web site for more information on rooster training. http://olychickenguy.blogspot.com/2011/03/006-how-to-deal-with-skittish-chickens.html

4. heather112588

heather112588 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    my rir roo pecked me once at 2 months old, i flicked him on the beck and he stared at me in total disbelief ... was so funny [​IMG]

seriously though now is the time to keep him in check as the hormones start kicking in! Lay down the law!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by