Key West chickens relocating

Bec, thanks for posting those pics .. awesome!! I just contacted Katha and requested 2 doz more hatching eggs. My daughter lives in Miami and is coming for Thxgiving, so she'll pick them up and bring them with her.
big_smile.png

Key West Chick, I'm not into bantams right now but would love to see pics of your Kikis when you have 'em. And, I'm especially curious about what your Blue Copper roo looks like!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Hummm, Smokey doesn't look quit like yours. Maybe I don't have a blue and copper roo. He looks more like a BBR but instead of being black, its blue. So Smokey's tail is blue, thighs and tops of legs are blue, lots of blue in his wings and some in his chest.He has a single comb but 2 of my hens are rose comb. I really would love some more but I'm out of room. I've also noticed fertility dropping off. I guess he may be gettin to old for business. I'm not real good at posting pictures, might try when DH gets home.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my Gypsy roo. His rose comb has really developed since that prior pic, as have his hackle and saddle feathers .. quite stunning in "person":

dsc00027ow3.jpg

dsc00054xx7.jpg

dsc00061sm1.jpg

update, 01/18/2009 -- here he is at 7 months of age:
dsc00064wu4.jpg

Last edited:
Thx for that redirect, BluRoo! I'm thinking I need one like your lovely BluGirl for my boy!!

Plz post more pics as they mature, ok!

A friend of mine just went and meet the lady who helps in the rescue and she picked up about 30 of them. She is bring me my 2 this week. They are nice looking birds and very friendly she said plus she was able to get a bunch of babies when she was there also. I can pass the email address along if anyone is interested and you can contact Sally for more info. I believe she picked up 300 key west chickens this go round and the next one is in a few months I think.

I am very interested in know who to contact about a key west rooster , I hear they are the best...! so if you would be so kind , let me know who I could contact , i use to live in Fla, to bad i didn't get one when i was down there, gosh. :( thanks sooo much for all your help...! kind regards take care Dianna
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom