key west chickens

dave3877

Songster
12 Years
Sep 16, 2007
crockett, texas
wasnt sure where to put this so i guessed here sorry if its wrong. anyways i had the pleasure of visiting key west a few years back and absolutely fell in love with the feral chickens living there. anyways my g/f and i were wanting to go to florida next year and key west i on the itinerary. well sinc ei went there last of course i renewed my interest in raising birds. anyways t mke a long story short i want to bring some of those beauties home with me and i was wondering about the legality of it especially considering that many in the city want them gone. i know genetically speaking they are just game fowl but man they are beautiful and i just want a few to raise and keep the key west chickens going. any floridians or key westers out there know?

Be sure to post the video of you trying to catch them...lol
big_smile.png

Look at this pic I took of a gorgeous fellow from our vacation this summer...

37862_dscn1175.jpg

Ok the Barber in Key west is the one who sells them...Don't ask why but if you could get hold of him..Your in...
Why do I know this? I am a barber and was reading a story about him and the chickens...
lau.gif

well if its legal to take them or catch them ill get to grabbing. im like the americas got talent guy i can catch chickens til the sun goes down. caught one last time i was there. my gf at the time wanted to pet it. he didnt like being held very much and pecked her lol but yeah like i said im going there in spring/summer so i just wanted to see how legal it was

I wonder if there is still the chicken store there on Duval? Maybe you can just buy a chicken while you are there if the store is still in operation. Otherwise, get to catching!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom