Khaki Campbell BONDING question.

LovesAGoodYolk

Chirping
Sep 4, 2015
Iroquois Cnty IL
My first hen and drake are 14 months of age. My other 2 hens and 1 drake are 3 months of age. Will they ever bond as a group of 5? Older drake likes to chase away the younger ones at times, especially at snack time. Thank you.

ok then. I do not want to breed siblings. which of course both pairings are. how do you suggest i manage this? also, my 14 months old drake dulled out this spring. he lost his little black tail curls and his green sheen on his head. Is he going to stay this way?

I find sometimes when adding another group of ducks to an existing one, even adding a lone duck, they don't always bond with each other. All of my ducks intermingle but have their definite mini flocks, some preferring to be loners.

ok then.  I do not want to breed siblings.  which of course both pairings are.  how do you suggest i manage this?  also, my 14 months old drake dulled out this spring.  he lost his little black tail curls and his green sheen on his head.  Is he going to stay this way?  

The dull coloring will molt out back to his regal male plumage, no worries... it's called eclipse and they go through it each season...

I find sometimes when adding another group of ducks to an existing one, even adding a lone duck, they don't always bond with each other. All of my ducks intermingle but have their definite mini flocks, some preferring to be loners.

X2

They do tend to have their little cliques...

Back
Top Bottom