Khaki Campbell ducks 22 weeks and no eggs yet. Just got one I think (picture) added.

Hurray! Its my birthday tomorrow and my ducks have decided that my birthday present should be eggs. 1 egg yesterday and another this morning, which possibly means that someone is still not laying. But today I don't care anymore because I had a duck egg for breakfast (and I'm not embarrassed to say that I licked the plate clean).
celebrate.gif

yum yum! I'm glad you have such considerate ducks. My birthday is coming up too. I hope the duck that has not started laying follows your ducks example.

Hurray! Its my birthday tomorrow and my ducks have decided that my birthday present should be eggs. 1 egg yesterday and another this morning, which possibly means that someone is still not laying. But today I don't care anymore because I had a duck egg for breakfast (and I'm not embarrassed to say that I licked the plate clean).
celebrate.gif

Beautiful eggs and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! okay we should have had a pic or video of you licking your plate.
wink.png

I'm still waiting on our ducks to start laying and can't wait until they do. This question may seem silly but I'm wondering if the KC's eggs are brown, white, or can vary. My oldest of the two ducks is approx. 16-18 wks old and maybe I'm just being impatient but we're looking forward to trying our first eggs. I'm sure it will be at least a few more weeks but I know my drake has actually been getting on top of both the ducks and thought maybe they're kind of like dogs and go into heat but on a more daily basis. Any ideas would be great on the questions I've asked and Thank you for any responses in advance!

Not to try to take over the thread or anything but I also have a khaki campbell who is about 24 weeks. She started laying at about 21 weeks and have me almost an egg a day. Suddenly she has stopped laying. Is this normal? I haven't gotten an egg in almost 2 weeks!

I'm still waiting on our ducks to start laying and can't wait until they do. This question may seem silly but I'm wondering if the KC's eggs are brown, white, or can vary. My oldest of the two ducks is approx. 16-18 wks old and maybe I'm just being impatient but we're looking forward to trying our first eggs. I'm sure it will be at least a few more weeks but I know my drake has actually been getting on top of both the ducks and thought maybe they're kind of like dogs and go into heat but on a more daily basis. Any ideas would be great on the questions I've asked and Thank you for any responses in advance!
Our KC's are laying a cream colored egg. It is very smooth and not rough like a chicken egg. Our girls did not start to lay until they were 22 weeks plus. Now they lay an egg a day nonstop.

Not to try to take over the thread or anything but I also have a khaki campbell who is about 24 weeks. She started laying at about 21 weeks and have me almost an egg a day. Suddenly she has stopped laying. Is this normal? I haven't gotten an egg in almost 2 weeks!
I bet she is hiding them somewhere mine can be sneaky. Once my girls started laying they have not stopped.

My KC didn't starting laying until 42 weeks! I'd nearly given up on her...Now she lays very reliably, almost every day! A couple of times we didn't find eggs in the coop and found they had been laid in the pond which is annoying! Now she always lays outside of the coop but she has her favorite spots so we know where to look! :)

18 weeks and I have eggs, I was really surprised to have found our first egg, actually our grandson found it laying under the large oak tree in the back yard on the ground. Hero has been laying faithfully every day since but have been laying them in their pool. The first one laid was Thursday July 24, 2014 and then two more the day following and then one a day each since for the exception of yesterday July 27, 2014. We have a radio playing outside for the ducks since we've had them outdoors and we think that since the radio was off that day, she didn't lay that day. Woohoo, can't wait to get a few more before I put them into my incubator and see if we can get some ducklings. It's a hard debate whether or not to eat them right now or incubate them. If she's laying this young, maybe we will be fortunate enough that our youngest duck will start in just a few short weeks.
celebrate.gif

Congrats! My girls are only 6 weeks old so I have a while yet to wait. Man, its gonna take FOR-EV-ER!!
you might(keyword might) be in for a long wait being only 6 weeks they may not lay till next spring which is what went through last year with my cochins as i got them as chicks to late in the year

Back
Top Bottom